theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   TTC - getting back there? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1145969)

Ellelledee 17 Sep 19 01:15 PM

TTC - getting back there?

Yesterday we had a really good day thanks to my excellent fast pass planning skills this year 😂😂😂 then it came to leaving and everything went belly up!
Our hotel shuttle drops us at TTC - fine and dandy - the driver tells us how to get to other parks (we knew anyway but again fine and dandy and very helpful to others who haven’t been before) note the stop to return.
So leave animal kingdom to go back to TTC - don’t see a TTC stop so assume it must be MAGIC KINGDOM - no that goes to Magic kingdom 🤔. So how do we get to TTC? We decide we have missed the hotel shuttle now anyway so we aim to get to a park as near to our hotel as possible and get a taxi - EPCOT. So we get to MK and think monorail - with all the construction I can only see the Resort monorail - THEN google and realise the other one is the express monorail so this is the wrong one but it goes to the TTC and we are in a big queue and commutes so can’t swap 😂😂. So we go to TTC and then monorail to EPCOT 😩.
Is there any other way of getting to TTC from the other parks?
Why do buses run from TTC to parks but not back?

galaxyflorida 17 Sep 19 01:30 PM

The resort monorail would have got you to the TTC - it just stops at the resorts on the way.

I believe buses only go from the TTC to AK in the mornings.

chmurf 17 Sep 19 01:33 PM

you can get to TTC on the monorai from EPCOT, you can either monorail or boat from MK

from other parks, you'll need to take a bus to MK and then monorail or boat
Express and Resort Monorail both call at TTC

another option is to take a bus to polynesian, and then walk back to TTC

I don't see any other way involving disney transportation

Hill_10 17 Sep 19 01:51 PM

Any Disney bus to EPCOT then the monorail to the TTC

Ellelledee 17 Sep 19 02:40 PM

Thanks everyone. We knew the shuttle was at 6 so we’re leaving sort of 20 past 5 thinking we had plenty of time - it didn’t happen 😂😂

Ellelledee 17 Sep 19 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hill_10 (Post 14077448)
Any Disney bus to EPCOT then the monorail to the TTC

To be honest this was my thought. We waited for the MK bus and dh was adamant that it would go to the TTC and not actually MK (even though I’m sure we have had this conversation before) so I said I’ll ask the driver “no it will go to the TTC” so I DO ask the driver n am told it goes to MK. Dh just rolls his eyes but we get on a very crowded bus to MK. When we get off dh says “I’ve been thinking we could’ve got on the Epcot bus” 🙄
Oh well you live and learn.

Nimbus 18 Sep 19 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellelledee (Post 14077553)
To be honest this was my thought. We waited for the MK bus and dh was adamant that it would go to the TTC and not actually MK (even though I’m sure we have had this conversation before) so I said I’ll ask the driver “no it will go to the TTC” so I DO ask the driver n am told it goes to MK. Dh just rolls his eyes but we get on a very crowded bus to MK. When we get off dh says “I’ve been thinking we could’ve got on the Epcot bus” 🙄
Oh well you live and learn.

To be fair, it wouldn't have mattered whether you got the MK bus or the Epcot bus. Both involve the same process:

Bus to Epcot then get the monorail to the TTC.
Bus to MK then get the monorail to the TTC.

There are two monorail tracks from MK to the TTC (the Express route and Resort route both go to the TTC) and also the ferry goes to the TTC. So, in a way, going to MK could be considered the better option.

I must admit, I'm surprised there aren't direct buses from the other parks to the TTC.

WDWfangirl 18 Sep 19 01:17 PM

Apparently there is also a bus from MK to TTC which I've read about on here which is often a great way of getting back to your car after MK closes as everyone heads either to the boat or to the monorail.

But other than that I second what chmurf said - the poly is right next door to the TTC and there is a signposted walkway between the two (again according to what I've read on here and Tim Tracker vlogs) and all parks have buses going to the Poly

Tkdisney 18 Sep 19 06:20 PM

I would definitely say get the bus to the poly and walk. It’s the only way which will only involve 1 trip on Disney transport.

Ellelledee 21 Sep 19 01:55 AM

[QUOTE=Nimbus;14078781]To be fair, it wouldn't have mattered whether you got the MK bus or the Epcot bus. Both involve the same process:

Bus to Epcot then get the monorail to the TTC.
Bus to MK then get the monorail to the TTC”

Yeah but the thing was when we realised that we couldn’t get direct to the TTC it meant we would definitely miss our hotel shuttle so my thought was the park nearest to our hotel for a taxi - which is Epcot.
And yes it’s odd they don’t do one to TTC