theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Disney Express question (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1127694)

arielrocks 7 May 19 08:12 PM

Disney Express question

Hi,

Can you only book DE if you’ve booked directly?

We booked Eurostar direct with Eurostar and the hotel with DLP direct.

Thanks

Gill H 7 May 19 08:19 PM

I think you can but you have to pay to add it on.

Just a personal opinion but I never bother. I do the transfer to the station on departure day but that is a lot cheaper.

arielrocks 7 May 19 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13830434)
I think you can but you have to pay to add it on.

Just a personal opinion but I never bother. I do the transfer to the station on departure day but that is a lot cheaper.

Sorry I don’t know what you mean? We are travelling with a 2 year old, 4 month old, 2 suitcases and a double buggy so thought it may be the best option for getting luggage to/from the station?

kenville 7 May 19 08:31 PM

We do the same as Gill. We go to the hotel when we arrive to freshen up etc. But when we leave we pay for the Express service that day. You can pay at the hotel. Be warned though that the queues at the station can be humongous.

arielrocks 7 May 19 08:34 PM

Last time we went with just a 1 year old but did DE, I didn’t know there were any other options... can anyone enlighten me?

SuziQz 7 May 19 08:36 PM

We’ve always used it but book as a package hotel/Eurostar via Magic Breaks. It’s brilliant being able to hand in the luggage at the station when you get off the train and heading straight to the parks. Likewise leaving the luggage at the hotel on the way back and picking it up again at the station. (Don’t leave it too close to boarding time, it takes a while to get through passport control etc)

If you booked the hotel directly with Disney then give them a ring and see if you can add it.

Gill H 7 May 19 11:38 PM

If you add DE it costs about £16 per person I think.

We tend to just walk to the hotel. To be honest by the time you have gone upstairs at the station, checked in your stuff and come back down, you could be half way across the Village. Even the furthest hotels are only a 15 minute walk.

We like to check in and go to the room first. That way you find out any problems and can fix them, and you know exactly where you will be coming back to later when you’re tired and frazzled.

On your last day you can go to the concierge desk and book your luggage transfer. Leave your luggage with them and they will take it to the station. This used to cost £11 per room but has recently jumped to £25 per room (not per person).

arielrocks 8 May 19 10:13 AM

Called and added it this morning. It’s now £15 per person over 3 years staying in each room.