theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Foody Forty in Florida - Nov/Dec 2018 - COMPLETE! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1108098)

Rescuer 12 Jan 19 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wordsworth (Post 13639839)
Thanks for reading! From your report I think we have quite similar tastes :grin:

On BA, the key thing is logging into the website after a change and checking you can see your e-ticket. If you can, you’re grand; if you get an error give them a call! We always fly indirect with them though and it’s usually fine, not sure what’s been happening recently.

Great minds and all that!

Thanks for the advice about BA, I will at least now know what to do if anything goes wrong, I’d have just rocked up at the airport expecting them to be able to sort it there. The yotel was certainly the way to go, I’d have done exactly the same.

OB1LukeLucas 6 Jun 19 11:55 AM

I’m catching up on this report whilst waiting for my next instalment in your wonderful adventures in Canada.
I obviously missed this report over the Christmas period as I must have been too busy for my usual Dibb fix!
I’ve really enjoyed reading about all the lovely food and cocktails. I’m feeling livid about the whole CG bar bill episode on your behalf, no wonder it spoilt the whole meal I don’t think I would want to return there.
I would love to try V&A but I would be annoyed at the constant reminder of the price especially as your entering the restaurant, it would make me feel like I should have turned up with proof of earnings, ID and some kind of utilities bill:d: Shame about the Turbot too!
What I wouldn’t do for a Magic Cookie bar to eat now with a latte. I like the idea of having them for breakfast! I’m going to have to try a Starbucks Caramel cream Frappuccino now that you have said it reminds you of Frozenbutter beer. We aren’t meant to be doing Florida this year but I managed to book a late deal on Saturday so I will have the chance to drink my own butterbeer soon-yippee!

Excitedx4 9 Jun 19 05:53 PM

Brilliant food report and very informative thanks for sharing!

Wordsworth 9 Jun 19 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas (Post 13887414)
I’m catching up on this report whilst waiting for my next instalment in your wonderful adventures in Canada.
I obviously missed this report over the Christmas period as I must have been too busy for my usual Dibb fix!
I’ve really enjoyed reading about all the lovely food and cocktails. I’m feeling livid about the whole CG bar bill episode on your behalf, no wonder it spoilt the whole meal I don’t think I would want to return there.
I would love to try V&A but I would be annoyed at the constant reminder of the price especially as your entering the restaurant, it would make me feel like I should have turned up with proof of earnings, ID and some kind of utilities bill:d: Shame about the Turbot too!
What I wouldn’t do for a Magic Cookie bar to eat now with a latte. I like the idea of having them for breakfast! I’m going to have to try a Starbucks Caramel cream Frappuccino now that you have said it reminds you of Frozenbutter beer. We aren’t meant to be doing Florida this year but I managed to book a late deal on Saturday so I will have the chance to drink my own butterbeer soon-yippee!

Oh Cali Grill - we’ve got a week onsite next year and I asked DH if he wanted to repeat any restaurants and he was immediately “I’m not going back to California Grill”. I think he’s still traumatised from all my crying :blush:

I’ve tried to bake a magic cookie bar based on an internet recipe since we came back, it wasn’t identical but it was tasty! I must try again actually.

Yay for butterbeer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 (Post 13893307)
Brilliant food report and very informative thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading :grin: