theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sunset Lakes (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1117913)

JackyH 25 Feb 19 09:20 PM

Sunset Lakes

Hello Dibbers. Can I have your opinions comments etc on staying at Sunset Lakes. How close is it to Disney, supermarkets and restaurants. Many thanks.

Bozza 25 Feb 19 09:32 PM

We came back yesterday from a last-minute week away in a Dibb villa at Sunset Lakes. It's the first time we've stayed in a villa in the Orlando area - we're normally onsite kinda people - but this was a week away in the sun with no parks (although we did do Legoland as we've not been there before).

We did some shopping at the Super Target at Rolling Oaks - it's about 10 minutes away in the car, and there are a heap of restaurants there too including Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze, both of which we made use of.

Almost across the road is a Publix which we also visited to pick up some sushi as we couldn't see any in the Target.

You're not that far away from Disney property either if you take the Sherbeth Road which takes you in close to Animal Kingdom.

All in all, I'd say it's a great location to be in - we'd certainly consider it again.

BarryandCaron 25 Feb 19 09:36 PM

Jacky, we’ve stayed their twice. It’s a fabulous villa community and close to lots of good restaurants.

Buggles94 25 Feb 19 09:38 PM

We were lucky enough to stay there in a Dibb villa last year and loved the location! Always seemed to be 20 mins to Disney when we put it in Sat Nav. Love the Super Target nearby and lots of restaurants. Shortcut to AK was brilliant too. Actual community felt very quiet, safe and secure and we were lucky enough to be in a villa overlooking the lake - stunning views. Would definitely recommend the community and the villa!

fun2behad 25 Feb 19 09:57 PM

We Have have stayed on SSLs now 3 times - great community, lovely lake views ~15 mins drive to MK main gate - we stayed Aug 2018 and it literally took us 10 minutes to get home from AK on one evening. The number of affordable rentals has decreased over the past couple of years though such that next year we are having to look at a different community, which is a shame.

flutterfly 25 Feb 19 10:00 PM

We are booked there for next summer! First villa for 10 years. It looks gorgeous.

WendyWilson 25 Feb 19 10:13 PM

We've stayed on Sunset Lakes a few times. It's a lovely gated community. Close enough to restaurants on the 192 and as people before have said the Sherbeth Road shortcut to AK is great as it's just up the road. You can see some of the Disney fireworks in the evening and the early morning views are amazing, especially when the hot air balloons are flying over.

Joshie1 25 Feb 19 10:21 PM

We’ve stayed there 4 or 5 times - have made it from being parked outside the villa to the turnstiles at Animal Kingdom in10 mins one evening - DS had bought a new digital watch in the outlets that day and timed us.
We love Sunset Lakes however our villa was broken into the last time we stayed there so gated doesn’t necessarily mean secure.

Bozza 25 Feb 19 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshie1 (Post 13708097)
We love Sunset Lakes however our villa was broken into the last time we stayed there so gated doesn’t necessarily mean secure.

Very sorry to hear that :(

I did comment myself that I felt the gated element only added an illusion of security. It would take very little to tailgate someone in.

Additionally I've just searched for "Sunset Lakes gate code" and got a correct result first time.

Joshie1 25 Feb 19 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozza (Post 13708106)
Very sorry to hear that :(

I did comment myself that I felt the gated element only added an illusion of security. It would take very little to tailgate someone in.

Additionally I've just searched for "Sunset Lakes gate code" and got a correct result first time.

It was unfortunate but it can happen anywhere - wouldn’t put us off staying there again though. We still love the location.