theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   17 Days In Davenport! Pre-Trip Report (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=958930)

Rachel1 1 Jun 16 07:55 PM

17 Days In Davenport! Pre-Trip Report

Welcome!

One month today we are heading back to Florida and to the same villa in Davenport that we loved in June 2014. As soon as we returned we started to plan the next trip- 2 weeks at the start of July in 2016 since our oldest would be finishing her last year at Primary School. When it came to booking it turned out that it was as cheap to extend our holiday to fly back on the Sunday rather than the Friday hence the trip title!

I have really enjoyed reading the live trips reports over the last few weeks and months, and knowing I'll never be disciplined enough to complete a report on our return, I have decided to attempt a daily report using the app while we are out there. I thought I'd try a pre-trip report to see exactly how the app works, so here goes (and thanks for the encouragement Grapesoda!)

The Cast

Me- Rachel 42 and chief planner

DH Arwel, 39. The man who introduced me to Florida and Disney!

DD 11 Ruth and DS 6 Harris

Ruth loves Disney but is really a huge Harry Potter and Hunger Games fan. Harris is Star Wars mad

I have been having great fun planning over the last few months. We have 14 day tickets for both Disney and Universal and are also planning a day at Daytona Beach- visiting the Race Track and going to see the Daytona Tortugas play in the evening.

Most important for DS is getting to all the Star Wars 'stuff' at HS, most important being Jedi Training! This means we are heading there on our first full day for rope drop in an attempt to get him signed up. He wasn't really that in to Star Wars last time but still loved building his own lightsabre and wants to build a new one this trip!

We are really looking forward to returning to the villa we stayed in last time. As DH is a wheelchair user the villa was great as it had many features we needed, plus a pool hoist which meant we could all use the pool.

We have also arranged to hire a wheelchair accessible van- only wish we could afford such a great van here in the UK where our car is great but is a fiat doblo so not quite in the same league!

We will mostly be eating offsite, but have also booked a few ADR's. We enjoyed Beaches and Cream, Rainforest Cafe, The Plaza last time so have booked these again, In the last week I booked Sanaa as I have loved seeing photos of the bread service, and will plan the rest of the evening in Animal Kingdom.

On the list for offsite include Texas Roadhouse, Millers Alehouse, Ovation Bistro, Manny's Chophouse and Teak Neighborhood Grill- I'm hungry just thinking about it all...

We will be in Orlando for July 4th. I have been in the US twice as a teenager for July 4th and enjoyed local Fireworks. So far I'm planning we spend the morning at the sales (which you can see DH loved last time!) then some pool time before catching Fireworks- either heading down to Thunder on the Ridge or perhaps HS if the Star Wars fireworks are on that evening (even sitting near the boats outside the park)

I hope this has all worked! Thanks for reading and I hope to start posting on our travel day on the 1st of July!

app 1 Jun 16 08:28 PM

New Photo Added by Rachel1 - 1 Jun 16 8:28 PM.

Jillzo 1 Jun 16 08:31 PM

Looking forward to following the trip!
Not long to go! :spin::spin::spin:

beanbunny 1 Jun 16 08:33 PM

Ohh exciting! Not long now and you will be there - have a fabulous time. :grin:

Megandllsmum 1 Jun 16 08:40 PM

Will be following... arnt trippies addictive reading lol... hope you all have a fantastic holiday, not long now :wavey:

Grapesoda 1 Jun 16 08:40 PM

Whoop Whooooop, you started one! I'm so pleased :spin:

I love your plans. I'm so jealous your going to the sales on the 4th, I hope you get some good bargains.

We've got a few similar meals planned and I can't believe we're both going to B&C on the same day! If I see you I'll come say hi :wavey:

Can't wait to read more x

Rachel1 1 Jun 16 09:21 PM

Thanks all, getting very excited now!

Wonder if any other dibbers are at B & C that day too!

mick 1 Jun 16 09:37 PM

Looking forward to following your holiday:spin: all sounds great

Joan:wave:

Floridaagogo 1 Jun 16 11:22 PM

Can't wait to read.chuffed somebody else likes the plaza.thought it was just us 😳

Rachel1 2 Jun 16 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo (Post 11663310)
Can't wait to read.chuffed somebody else likes the plaza.thought it was just us 😳

Well there are 2 of us then, perhaps not best use of the DDP but as we are offsite it was good value, nice food and a wee break on a busy park evening before we watched the electric parade and the fireworks- can't wait to do it next month :d: