theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Dubai March/April 2017 LIVE - Day 3 - Water And Dubai Mall (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1014848)

Melbatb 2 Apr 17 05:28 PM

Dubai March/April 2017 LIVE - Day 3 - Water And Dubai Mall

I didn't particularly sleep well (though to be fair I rarely do) and was awake for the day at 5.30am. Nobody else stirred until after 7! We went down to the Nomad restaurant - our first visit. There was all the usual offerings - fruit...

Breads, croissants, eggs, bacon, cheese ...

But also some Asian delights. I enjoyed my noodles and mushroom fried rice!

Though none of us fancied trying the carrot jam!

After filling ourselves, we went to the Concierge who helpfully booked us a tour to Oman for Monday!

We then grabbed a cab to Wild Wadi again! This was quite funny - the taxis wait across the road and a hotel member of staff calls one across. However two came across and proceeded to have a barney over whose ride it was. The hotel guy dealt with it brilliantly - by calling over a third taxi!

We agreed we would just do a couple of hours at the water park before heading to the Dubai Mall.

It was again busy to get in - apparently the local schools are also off!

We started on the ride that had the longest queue yesterday. It was a paddling pool like boat which we sat in and went down the above slides!

It was good fun!

The boys wanted to go on the extreme version - F and I declined so they headed up and thankfully found two other people - you needed 4 to do this one!

We then did the rapids slides which we did yesterday. You can just see in the distance the skyscrapers of Dubai!

O went off to do Jumeriah Screamer and then we relaxed in the wave pool while J went on the surf machine!

My eyes were really sore this morning - not a good look!

At 12.30pm we decided to head out to the Dubai Mall - only 1,200 shops!

We came in near the Aquarium but didn't really fancy visiting!

F was a bit low so we decided to grab lunch as a priority.

Yo Sushi was her choice. Both the kids ordered teriyaki salmon and rice. I had some tuna sushi. J had some beans (those Japanese green things! ).

The waiter couldn't have been more disinterested if he tried. The salmon took ages to appear - we wondered if they were fishing for it !

O sums it up quite well - expensive (30 euros) for what it was!

The kids were still hungry. There was an Eatly opposite. O had a banana and nutella waffle!

F had a nutella tart whilst we just had an expresso!

I love this waterfall - the divers are exquisite!

O got some t-shirts in Pull and Bear. F also found t- shirts in Justice.

O and J went to the bookshop while F and I did a few shops she wanted to look at - but no more purchases were made!

O could have spent another 2 hours in the bookshop - he had over an hour and managed about 10% of it!

We had a long walk to the metro and then about a 25minute metro ride - 5 DHS each!

Back at the hotel, J disappeared to the barbers for a 90minute pamper - shave, haircut, massage, ear and nose hair wax... all for 100DHS (25 euros)! He thoroughly enjoyed it.

We had canapés in the Club room - Middle Eastern night - it filled us up!

This is the view from the room! You can just make out the Burj Khalifa!

J, F and I headed up the road to the local supermarket to get some snacks for tomorrow!

The boys are again at the gym ( are they made :D ). F and I have repainted our toenails as our pre-holiday varnish had come off at Wild Wadi!

Earlyish night as we are being picked up at 6am for our trip to Oman - a new country for us!

app 2 Apr 17 06:03 PM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 2 Apr 17 6:03 PM.

mick 2 Apr 17 06:59 PM

Another great day :spin: that is a big mall to many shops for me :grin:

Joan :wave:

Bianca 2 Apr 17 08:20 PM

1,200 shops? :erm: I wonder if some people travel and just spend a week there. :pgig: The waterfall looks beautiful. (I'm off to google it after I've finished this.)

I like how you balance your days. You seem to get a lot out of them, without sacrificing the enjoyment.

Enjoy your trip to Oman.

WileyCoyote 3 Apr 17 08:02 AM

Oh I like holiday shopping but that mall sounds too much even for me !
Lovely day again , shame lunch service was a bit meh.. Im loving the banana waffle thing though !
Hope you have a great day trip today

Jake71 3 Apr 17 09:40 AM

It would take a week's holiday to go round all those shops. A great day.

LuvPluto 3 Apr 17 07:56 PM

Wow, 1200 shops, I'd never get my daughter out of there!
That waterfall is amazing 😀
Another great day

Melbatb 4 Apr 17 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 12408643)
Another great day :spin: that is a big mall to many shops for me :grin:

Joan :wave:

And when you think of how many malls there are here - unbelievable ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bianca (Post 12408869)
1,200 shops? :erm: I wonder if some people travel and just spend a week there. :pgig: The waterfall looks beautiful. (I'm off to google it after I've finished this.)

I like how you balance your days. You seem to get a lot out of them, without sacrificing the enjoyment.

Enjoy your trip to Oman.

I think some people do just shop! There are some very highend shops!

I love that waterfall!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote (Post 12409815)
Oh I like holiday shopping but that mall sounds too much even for me !
Lovely day again , shame lunch service was a bit meh.. Im loving the banana waffle thing though !
Hope you have a great day trip today

I think you have to target where you want to go. At least they group themes together - so all electronics are in the same area! Makes it a bit more doable!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 12409970)
It would take a week's holiday to go round all those shops. A great day.

I think we calculated that even if you only spent 1 minute in each shop you would need 20 hours in there :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvPluto (Post 12411581)
Wow, 1200 shops, I'd never get my daughter out of there!
That waterfall is amazing 😀
Another great day

My two liked it too!

Thanks everyone for reading!

Loopylooloo 8 Apr 17 04:36 PM

The barbers sounds like great value for a good pamper, we did a similar one in Istanbul once. My husband emerged with make up on and everything!
So many shops! :omg:
Food looks good.

Melbatb 8 Apr 17 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo (Post 12424865)
The barbers sounds like great value for a good pamper, we did a similar one in Istanbul once. My husband emerged with make up on and everything!
So many shops! :omg:
Food looks good.

I am laughing at the make up! Last year the same barbers offered to dye J's beard :D We declined on his behalf!