theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 20 - Mont Cayamant and a Sunset (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1041122)

Melbatb 14 Aug 17 02:16 AM

Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 20 - Mont Cayamant and a Sunset

After the rain of yesterday we woke up to blue skies!

J went for a pre- breakfast swim!

Breakfast was the usual - cereal, bagels, toast - and coffee for the adults!

After breakfast, we took advantage of the sun and messed around by the lake!

An enormous dragonfly came to visit! It must have been 10cm long!

After a pizza and ice cream lunch, we headed to Mont Cayamant for yet another walk. F was not so impressed but the guide book said it was worth the trip for the views!

It was very green with a few mosquitos - they mainly seem to target me and J!

After a while, we commented that we didn't seem to be going very uphill as expected!

Whoops - we should have turned off a long time ago - but the trail we wanted had been signed posted as straight on!

We finished the loop we were on and ended up back at the carpark!

We set out again and this time managed to get on the right trail!

This us looking down but there were 500 steps up! And that was just part of the trek up! How my thighs laughed!

After a steady climb of about 2km ( they lied that it was only 1.5km - both J and I had our activity apps on ;) ) we arrived at the look out tower - 24m high!

No option but to climb to the top ;) after all that effort! What fabulous views awaited us!

Forests and lakes as far as the eye could see!

It really was worth the climb!

Going down was far easier ;) and after a 6km walk we arrived back at the car!

On the way back, we stopped for a Mr Whippy type ice cream as a reward for all that effort!

Dinner was salmon burgers and corn on the cob! All on the BBQ!

We went back down to the lake to catch the last of the sun! This spider's web was on the pontoon! Thankfully for O, no spiders!

And at last, a sunset!

F and J on the rings in the water!

And the final one :)

I think we are all tired after the walk - not do long but those steps...

app 14 Aug 17 02:42 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 14 Aug 17 2:42 AM.

mick 14 Aug 17 09:42 AM

Another brilliant day the views were spectacular :spin:
Bet your legs ached by the evening :d:

Joan :wave:

Jake71 14 Aug 17 10:01 AM

That was some workout for your legs! and then to go up the tower at the end of it. Although the views were quite spectacular, and a stunning sunset to end the day.

Melbatb 15 Aug 17 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 12756157)
Another brilliant day the views were spectacular :spin:
Bet your legs ached by the evening :d:

Joan :wave:

Let's say I slept well ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 12756210)
That was some workout for your legs! and then to go up the tower at the end of it. Although the views were quite spectacular, and a stunning sunset to end the day.

It was worth the leg pain for the views! And at last a sunset :D

WileyCoyote 15 Aug 17 05:48 PM

Yay, beautiful sunset , that lovely.
My legs hurt just reading about that walk . But stunning views . Really beautiful .

LuvPluto 15 Aug 17 09:54 PM

It's great when such a hard climb rewards you with such stunning views :)
Lovely sunset pic.

Melbatb 16 Aug 17 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote (Post 12760293)
Yay, beautiful sunset , that lovely.
My legs hurt just reading about that walk . But stunning views . Really beautiful .

The thing is I read about the 500 steps but my brain had not translated that into actual effort!

The sunset was so very lovely!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvPluto (Post 12760989)
It's great when such a hard climb rewards you with such stunning views :)
Lovely sunset pic.

It was definitely worth it but boy was it hard going up!

OB1LukeLucas 16 Aug 17 11:56 AM

At last, beautiful sunset-I have missed you, ha ha! The weather has certainly been different this holiday for you, sometimes it's nice to see the view differently... Stunning views from your walk but I think I would need more than an ice cream as a reward for climbing that tower, I would like to think that would cancel out all the nice treats from the holiday...if only the 'climb the tower diet' could be true!😊

Melbatb 17 Aug 17 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas (Post 12762296)
At last, beautiful sunset-I have missed you, ha ha! The weather has certainly been different this holiday for you, sometimes it's nice to see the view differently... Stunning views from your walk but I think I would need more than an ice cream as a reward for climbing that tower, I would like to think that would cancel out all the nice treats from the holiday...if only the 'climb the tower diet' could be true!😊

So nice to at last have some sunsets - last year I was really spoilt but it has been slim pickings this year!

We could start the "climb the tower" diet - problem being no so many towers near me ;)