theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 2 The Mountain Of Smiles (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=972871)

Melbatb 1 Aug 16 01:06 AM

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 2 The Mountain Of Smiles

The day started a little later - 5.30am! Breakfast was cinnamon rolls - those ones you bake from a tube!

After a discussion with DH we decided to go into Saint Donat - there was a walk round some ponds (remember those later) with lots of faune and birds apparently, plus a craft market.

On the way we stopped at Timmy's to get a pre-walk drink for the kids plus a few chocolate Timbits! It has to be said that it is far cheaper than Starbucks!

We drove the short drive to where I thought the walk started.

It was full of trees but no ponds nor birds - strange. It wasn't until later I realised we were on the wrong side of the road. Whoops! The walk was nice enough though.

The craft market was OK - not very big and nothing really we would buy! O lasted all of 30 seconds before he plopped himself down on a rock in the shade! Sensible boy.

We went to the boulangerie to see if they had anything we fancied for lunch. A pizza slice and a tomato focaccia were bought. No cakes though - nice as they looked! We thoroughly enjoyed them back at the cabin - I forgot to take pictures (again! )

After a fishing trip down to the lake (no fish caught! ) we decided we would have another attempt at a walk - this time uphill!

The destination was Mont Sourire - the mountain of smiles! It was about a kilometer uphill - so not too arduous. O was ahead (goat being his nickname as he can move very quickly over tough ground!) and it made me very happy to hear his "wow" when he got to the top (all we could see upto then were trees.)

This is what we saw:

In this one you can see the ski slopes opposite!

We stayed at the top for about 30 minutes before coming back down. The first chipmunk of the holiday was spotted as were some very tiny frogs.

We headed back to the cabin and then out again to the lake where everyone else swam and canoed and I read my kindle.

Dinner was just pasta - simple but tasty.

We are all tired after all the fresh air and early mornings so films are on and I think it will be a relatively early night!

À demain!

app 1 Aug 16 01:25 AM

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 1 Aug 16 1:25 AM.

Jake71 1 Aug 16 09:25 AM

What beautiful views from the top of your mountain walk, absolutely stunning.

mick 1 Aug 16 09:43 AM

A lovely day with some great scenery:spin:

Joan :wave:

Melbatb 1 Aug 16 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake71 (Post 11857650)
What beautiful views from the top of your mountain walk, absolutely stunning.

It was :D It was also interesting to see where everything is in relation to each other!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 11857686)
A lovely day with some great scenery:spin:

Joan :wave:

Thanks!

floridasarah 5 Aug 16 03:07 PM

Another lovely day, and a lovely walk too.

Melbatb 5 Aug 16 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floridasarah (Post 11871890)
Another lovely day, and a lovely walk too.

It certainly was - one if the best views of the week too!

Loopylooloo 6 Aug 16 08:09 AM

We love walking as a family, this looks amazing, I bet the air was lovely and clean too!

Melbatb 6 Aug 16 11:46 AM

Definitely no pollution here. The water quality of the lake is also amazing (there is the results of the water test at the lake to see!)

JoS 7 Aug 16 03:26 AM

Amazing views, looks gorgeous. Bet you slept well after that lovely walk.