theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Hong Kong and where else? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1120701)

Jaybeez 22 Mar 19 10:48 AM

Hong Kong and where else?

We’re planning on visiting Hong Kong for a week and the autumn and would like to visit somewhere else for maybe 3 next guys as well.

We’ve ruled out Japan and Shanghai as they are planned for other trips and also we don’t want to visit Dubai. It could be beach or city though.

kk20 22 Mar 19 01:13 PM

Singapore isnt a bad destination. 3 days is a little low but you can get a lot out of it. We did a few days stop to Singapore on our way from HK to Cairns, plenty to do.

Pumpkin Pie 22 Mar 19 01:55 PM

I second Singapore. We did Singapore and Hong Kong last year and loved it all. Remember there is a Universal in Singapore if you want to hit a theme park.

sky13 22 Mar 19 03:29 PM

Singapore is 4 hours from HK so might work! Also I suspect that if you book with Cathay Pacific (hub in HK) or Singapore Airlines (hub in Singapore) you can probably book either London-HK-Singapore or London-Singapore-HK for not that much more than London-HK or London-Singapore. Or alternatively, lots of budget airline flights between the two cities too.

But there are also a lot of other possible destinations in the area... Taiwan, Bangkok, KL? And you could also pop over to Macau from HK as well...

Jaybeez 22 Mar 19 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie (Post 13745903)
I second Singapore. We did Singapore and Hong Kong last year and loved it all. Remember there is a Universal in Singapore if you want to hit a theme park.

I didn't realise that there is a Universal there, I'll have to start researching Singapore.

Jaybeez 22 Mar 19 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky13 (Post 13746030)
Singapore is 4 hours from HK so might work! Also I suspect that if you book with Cathay Pacific (hub in HK) or Singapore Airlines (hub in Singapore) you can probably book either London-HK-Singapore or London-Singapore-HK for not that much more than London-HK or London-Singapore. Or alternatively, lots of budget airline flights between the two cities too.

But there are also a lot of other possible destinations in the area... Taiwan, Bangkok, KL? And you could also pop over to Macau from HK as well...

Thank you for the suggested airlines.

Ben1993 23 Mar 19 06:16 PM

Another vote for Singapore, I think you can cram quite a lot into 3 days there, Universal is small but a really great park, there's also a decent waterpark at the same resort on Sentosa Island and of course there's Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands which are well worth a visit.

Guest 31 Mar 19 10:56 AM

Shanghai might be another to investigate.

tiggerishtink 4 Apr 19 08:30 AM

Just come back from a stay in Singapore Vietnam cruise and stay in Hong Kong and I would def recommend Singapore. We loved the Gardens by the Bay and having a Singapore sling at Raffles. Also a trip to the top of the Marina Bay Sands. Very hot and humid but must be the cleanest place ever.

Jaybeez 5 Apr 19 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggerishtink (Post 13764626)
Just come back from a stay in Singapore Vietnam cruise and stay in Hong Kong and I would def recommend Singapore. We loved the Gardens by the Bay and having a Singapore sling at Raffles. Also a trip to the top of the Marina Bay Sands. Very hot and humid but must be the cleanest place ever.

Thanks, Singapore seems to be coming out as top of the recommendations.