theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   The Kitchen Sink, is it worth it? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1005920)

Lilyrose 13 Feb 17 05:21 PM

The Kitchen Sink, is it worth it?

I have a 7 year old who is obsessed with having "ice cream for dinner" (Thank you Kevin in home alone :) ). So I was thinking a big (healthy) breakfast, a day at one of the water parks followed by the Kitchen sink for dinner. We will probably walk into Epcot after for illuminations.

But is is worth it? We are on the QSDP so this will be OOP but I just can't help but wonder with all the snack credits we can spend on ice cream, is this OTT?

Talk me into it, ADR day is coming up so I need to decide.

mrsmagoo 13 Feb 17 05:23 PM

We are doing it. I have no idea if it's worth it but it's something we wont get to experience anywhere else. It's worked quiet well for us as its my sons 12th birthday when we are in Florida and he has chosen this instead of a bday cake.

BigSkip 13 Feb 17 05:27 PM

It is a LOT of ice cream. BUT, it is totally worth it, assuming they still do the full lowering the lights delivering it to your table thing, if i was 7 that would make my day:-)

I was however a 46 year old at the time, and was still impressed. How many in your party? We saw it off as three adults.

Bozza 13 Feb 17 05:29 PM

After about 10 visits where we intended to get one, but didn't, we got one last year.

If we try analyse almost anything in life in terms of financial value we wouldn't do many things, but putting a stupidly big grin on the face of a 7-y-o for £20 or so? Yes, it's worth it.

BigSkip 13 Feb 17 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozza (Post 12284205)
After about 10 visits where we intended to get one, but didn't, we got one last year.

If we try analyse almost anything in life in terms of financial value we wouldn't do many things, but putting a stupidly big grin on the face of a 7-y-o for £20 or so? Yes, it's worth it.

^ This :grin::grin::grin:

MrsBC 13 Feb 17 05:36 PM

For us it was worth it - because it was a fun thing to do when the family came with us. It took 6 of us to eat it, and our grandson enjoyed the 'presentation' and announcement etc. When its just us 2 we prefer the individual sundaes.

Guest 13 Feb 17 05:38 PM

I've always thought it looked pretty gross,especially being sat at the counter watching them make them,this trip though as there will be 6 of us we're going to be having one on 4th July,I'm sure the kids will love it...especially with a WHOLE can of squirty cream!

Megandllsmum 13 Feb 17 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bozza (Post 12284205)

You mean a stupid grin like this 😂😂

It was a couple of years ago and she now has all her teeth

There were four of us and we just about managed it after starving from breakfast... just some ice cream soup left in bottom of sink

Barley-Bobs 13 Feb 17 05:39 PM

We have booked at beaches and cream to have The Kitchen Sink, there are 5 of us so hopefully we can manage it between us

Guest 13 Feb 17 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 12284216)
You mean a stupid grin like this 😂😂

It was a couple of years ago and she now has all her teeth

There were four of us and we just about managed it after starving from breakfast... just some ice cream soup left in bottom of sink

Fab pic,did she know you were getting it? I don't want our two to know till they bring it out. :)