theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   Guide Books - San Diego (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1131213)

Gill635 1 Jun 19 03:04 PM

Guide Books - San Diego
 
Hi All

Can anyone recommend me a 2019 guide book for San Diego specifically?

Iíve searched online, but I can only get either a mini top 10 style one, or a very diluted one thatís mixed in with a California book.

I know I can find info online, but I like to have a book to highlight and carry with me, plus itís a tradition to keep them and reminisce.

Thanks in Advance

Gill

Mr Tom Morrow 1 Jun 19 03:11 PM

Mmm, I thought Amazon would have some but they are a bit thin on the ground.

What about the Moon 4th edition one?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=san+die...sb_ ss_i_1_10

Gill635 1 Jun 19 03:15 PM

Thin on the ground they are!

Thanks for the suggestion, Iíd clearly flicked past that one. Iím off to check the reviews now

Iím quite surprised there arenít more to be honest, itís such a popular place!

Libby 1 Jun 19 03:19 PM

We went for the Top Ten one; small but lots of info and easy to take with us.

Other than that we've(I've) spent a lot of time googling stuff and looking at Aims amazing info thread.

Megandllsmum 1 Jun 19 03:30 PM

My eldest is off to LA, Vegas and New York in September and I asked on here for guide book recommendations , near enough everyone who replied recommended the top ten ones so I got them those as part of their Xmas box, they are really good and there are fold out maps in them which they will use afterwards to mark where they went

KarenG 1 Jun 19 03:33 PM

I think youíre either a fan of Top 10 guides or not.

I have several Moon travel books and they are very good. I havenít seen the San Diego one but Iíd recommend based on the ones I have.

Gill635 1 Jun 19 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Libby (Post 13878607)
We went for the Top Ten one; small but lots of info and easy to take with us.

Other than that we've(I've) spent a lot of time googling stuff and looking at Aims amazing info thread.

Iím stalking that thread - itís taking a while ha ha

Gill635 1 Jun 19 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenG (Post 13878635)
I think youíre either a fan of Top 10 guides or not.

I have several Moon travel books and they are very good. I havenít seen the San Diego one but Iíd recommend based on the ones I have.

Iím definitely not! Well, Iíd use them in a pinch, but I like a good ďproperĒ book that goes into detail, and includes all areas. I find the top 10 ones lacking so much, as they literally only talk about the 10 most popular things

Aims 1 Jun 19 07:06 PM

This will sound weird of me since Iím a resident, but I like to look through San Diego guidebooks too. I have found that Fodorís San Diego and also Frommerís San Diego are consistently well done and detailed guide books. I have found both on Amazon. Lonely Planet also does a decent guide too.

Another thing I suggest doing (in addition to talking to me lol) is going to San Diegoís official tourism website and getting a copy of their free travel planning guide. You can either download a pdf copy to your computer or tablet and read it there, or request them to send you a paperback copy of the guide. That usually takes a few weeks to arrive by mail, but if youíre not in a big hurry itís nice to have something you can carry with you. The free guide from the San Diego tourism department is not as detailed and big as the other guide books I recommended, but it does a good overall job of listing much of what to do in San Diego, both big and small things. Here is where you can get a copy of the free guide: https://www.sandiego.org/plan/travel...-planning.aspx

scooby99 3 Jun 19 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aims (Post 13878990)
This will sound weird of me since Iím a resident, but I like to look through San Diego guidebooks too. I have found that Fodorís San Diego and also Frommerís San Diego are consistently well done and detailed guide books. I have found both on Amazon. Lonely Planet also does a decent guide too.

Another thing I suggest doing (in addition to talking to me lol) is going to San Diegoís official tourism website and getting a copy of their free travel planning guide. You can either download a pdf copy to your computer or tablet and read it there, or request them to send you a paperback copy of the guide. That usually takes a few weeks to arrive by mail, but if youíre not in a big hurry itís nice to have something you can carry with you. The free guide from the San Diego tourism department is not as detailed and big as the other guide books I recommended, but it does a good overall job of listing much of what to do in San Diego, both big and small things. Here is where you can get a copy of the free guide: https://www.sandiego.org/plan/travel...-planning.aspx

I could not recommend a guide book but San Diego is a great city one of our favourites if you get a chance and hire a car and it is your thing go visit Borrego Springs each to there own but was amazing


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.