theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Polls (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Something a little bit special - what would you do? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1051690)

LunaNyteskye 13 Oct 17 10:42 AM

Something a little bit special - what would you do?

We're going to celebrate my 40th birthday and want to do something a little bit special. What would you do?

Mexy02 13 Oct 17 02:48 PM

What do you really like ? I think the mk Cruise is better than the illuminations one ( unless now siemens has pulled out they create something new ) . Is it something you want to share or something for yourself more ?

Mazbar 13 Oct 17 02:55 PM

If it is something special then do something special and go to Victoria and Albert. Costs a fortune but worth it.

LunaNyteskye 16 Oct 17 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazbar (Post 12894218)
If it is something special then do something special and go to Victoria and Albert. Costs a fortune but worth it.

Victoria and Alberts looks beautiful, but the menu really doesn't appeal.

There will be me, DD(15), my parents and, possibly my DB and SIL.

We've all said we would love to be in one of the boats on the lake during Illuminations, which is why I considered that. Also, we'll be on the dining plan so won't have to pay OOP for Yachtsman.

Me and DD would both love the Wanyama safari, and the food looks really good there too.

Mazbar 16 Oct 17 01:14 PM

We did the ferry fireworks cruise, we all agreed it was a waste of money. Many years ago we took our daughter to Victoria and Albert for her 13th birthday and she loved it. There is a very large choice on the menu.

DonnaD 16 Oct 17 02:44 PM

I did V&A for my 40th and absolutely loved it. However I would never recommend it for anyone who doesn't consider themselves a foodie. If the menu doesn't sound fantastic to you don't bother. My DH loves that kind of food and did really enjoy it but actually prefers Citrico next door. He decided 2 hour plus tasting menus are just too long for him!

I would do the the safari if it is what you fancy.

BoxOfFrogs 16 Oct 17 09:17 PM

MK cruise is far far better than the Epcot one

MrsBC 16 Oct 17 09:22 PM

The Highway in the Sky Dine Around is fab - I have a review on my trip report from a couple of weeks ago (its the only report I've done so far),

LunaNyteskye 17 Oct 17 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazbar (Post 12899599)
We did the ferry fireworks cruise, we all agreed it was a waste of money.

In what way? Did it just not live up to expectations or was there something else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazbar (Post 12899599)
Many years ago we took our daughter to Victoria and Albert for her 13th birthday and she loved it. There is a very large choice on the menu.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but the current menu is just not something we would enjoy.

LunaNyteskye 17 Oct 17 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs (Post 12900463)
MK cruise is far far better than the Epcot one

How so? I had looked at the MK one too so would be good to get some comparisons of the two.