theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   California Grill brunch review (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1149489)

Fefster 14 Oct 19 02:37 PM

California Grill brunch review

I’m afraid I did not rate this experience well. We felt very rushed through and the people next to us actually complained about it.
The restaurant was not that busy as well around 10.30am.
When we sat down, the waitress said the entrees were coming out a bit earlier than usual at about 20mins and we said OK, but they were on the table as soon as we had finished our first buffet plate (about 10 mins).
Then, before we were even finished, she came back and said ‘most people get their desserts boxed up’, so we just agreed.
Start to finish less than an hour and over $200.
We could have stayed but the atmosphere didn’t feel right it wasn’t a relaxed take your time kind of vibe.
I know this isn’t everyone’s experience but it’s worth being prepared for this situation so you can plan what to say when they say the kitchen is working quickly. Just say no thanks, we will let you know when we are ready.
In hindsight I wouldn’t even have ordered the entrees until we were ready.

sunny1 14 Oct 19 03:58 PM

wow that is just not on at all you need to talk to someone at the restaurant, i urge you go back and tell them how you felt

we spent over two hours here, had a great experience and never felt rushed at all

brunch should be a relaxing experience, i'm so sorry you felt rushed and it spoiled things please take 30 mins out of your plans to go back and tell them

be firm, polite and insistent and do also tell them that you are having to take time away from your holiday to give them this feedback

Fefster 14 Oct 19 04:07 PM

I just emailed guest services to let them know that guests shouldn’t feel rushed during this experience and I hope they take that on board. The food was really good though, I have to say, so worth it if you can manage the rushing situation if it arises.

dixonsontour 14 Oct 19 05:02 PM

Thank you for heads up we are back there on Sunday.

Mexy02 14 Oct 19 06:16 PM

I’ve ummed so much about this as it’s going to cost us over $400 , doesn’t sound great :(

YorkshireT 14 Oct 19 06:17 PM

"Most people get desserts boxed up"=
" Clear off sharpish, I'm greedy and want even more tips".
What did you pay for this 'experience'? Makes me so angry to read stories like this.

sully301 14 Oct 19 06:44 PM

Sorry you didn't have a good experience, we really enjoyed it and didn't feel rushed at all for the brunch. Dinner was a different story though with our waiter trying to push up the bill at every opportunity.

Rescuer 15 Oct 19 01:51 PM

Totally different tonour experience. That sounds rubbish.

I’d not have been happy at all!

MrsBC 15 Oct 19 02:13 PM

Wow, I'd have been speaking to a manager. We've done the Brunch twice and both times been encouraged to stay as long as we wanted, enjoy everything and been plied with so many mimosa refills we started refusing them! Last month we were in there for 2.5 hours easily and even then the server still asked if we wanted more coffee.

disneypars 15 Oct 19 02:19 PM

Exact opposite to our two experiences. First time we got talking to a American couple and were there for nearly 4 hours and this year it was about 2.5 hours. Will be booking again for May.