theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Best take home snack credit. (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158420)

dollydaydream7 20 Jan 20 04:49 PM

Best take home snack credit.

What’s your top tip for take home snack credits? We have a week at universal after Disney so anything we can take and use for snacks there would be good. What’s the best value?

scottishmum 20 Jan 20 05:21 PM

Ghirardelli chocolate 🍫 🥰

Mycaseispacked 20 Jan 20 05:40 PM

I don't know about best value, but we really liked stocking up on the trail mix for our offsite stay last time! My middle child particularly could have lived off it, it is a snack credit in a pack (with chip and dale on the front). They do different ones, but their favourite was the ones with fruit and nuts and m&m's in. They are really useful to throw in your bag for ride queue snack emergencies!

Another tip is to go to one of the resorts with a DVC element, their shops tend to have more food type items that are useful to take with you offsite as the DVC rooms have kitchens. This trip we're moving to a dvc rental so definitely hoping to stock up on some useful snack credits.

Guest 20 Jan 20 05:43 PM

ditto, I lurved the trail mix,highly addictive! the rice crispie cakes were also quite substantial for the kids snacks.

Cha cha 21 Jan 20 11:30 AM

You could also get some croissants, cinnamon rolls, cup cakes etc in your last day to take for breakfast on your first day at Universal 😊

gismo1554 22 Jan 20 08:29 AM

I agree with others suggestions. The Goofy Candy Co snacks (like Trail Mix, Goldfish etc) are a great option for carrying around Universal. Ghiradeli's not so much as it might melt. Also bottles of soda would be a good option but not really good value depends on which you would rather. I would also say try and get a couple of things like cinnamon buns for the first morning at Universal. The collossal one in Animal Kingdom lasted me 2 breakfasts as it was so large I just took a ziploc bag with me to the park and put half of it in there.

dollydaydream7 22 Jan 20 08:36 AM

Ooh zip lock bags, good idea I wouldn’t of thought to pack them but that makes sense. If I had plenty left I’d sacrifice a couple for drinks for universal to but I’m not going to be ‘saving’ them just last time we had quite a few left.

Jaspercat10 22 Jan 20 09:30 AM

Ghiradelli have changed their policy at Christmas so you could only buy the bars with your snack credits, so 3 bars for 2 snacks.
The Goofy gourmet jelly beans and v nice :-)

scottishmum 22 Jan 20 09:51 AM

Never ever have I had ghirardelli melt, brought home in May twice and sept , packed in case In the hold and was intact totally .

rafjen 22 Jan 20 11:31 AM

We used ours for presents for family - the Star Wars mint tins made lovely gifts as did the chocolate coins/goofy sweets for kids - My kids loved the Pandora Pod rice Krispie treat- its large- not for me personally but they loved it