theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Animation academy- animal kingdom (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158759)

Simba and nala 23 Jan 20 12:29 PM

Animation academy- animal kingdom

Hi folks

Is fastpass Needed for animation academy at ak ?

Also to get the drawings we do there do they supply/sell the tube holders to protect the drawings we do to get them home in the bag?

If not do they sell these at Walmart ?

Thanks

Mrs Red C 23 Jan 20 01:48 PM

We booked a fp last Aug as it was new. I think if you're prepared to get there early and queue then you should be ok. Others may have newer info. It was very busy and there were lots of seats available. We had Pumba to draw.

As for getting them home, we used a spare hair bobble, rolled them together and popped them in the suitcase, but it's upto you.
Think I took a waterproof bag for use in AK.

TartanTink 23 Jan 20 01:50 PM

A fastpass will get you closer to the front so if there are little ones in your party it may be worth it . Although there are big screens, otherwise i wouldn't bother

NewtoOrlando 24 Jan 20 09:56 AM

Is this the one that you get the little train over to? If so we did this in October, well the kids did, dh & I sat in a bench watching the vets with the animals. We didn’t use a FP, no need as was straight in the queue when we got there mid morning. We just rolled them up and put in the bag.

Mrs Red C 24 Jan 20 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando (Post 14255845)
Is this the one that you get the little train over to? If so we did this in October, well the kids did, dh & I sat in a bench watching the vets with the animals. We didn’t use a FP, no need as was straight in the queue when we got there mid morning. We just rolled them up and put in the bag.

Yes, I like the little train ride too, makes it a bit special.

Eccle 24 Jan 20 12:00 PM

We used a FP in August, as it was new and we weren’t sure how busy it would be, but I know there were standby people getting in, and I heard the cast member advise a family not to use an anytime FP they had for it whilst we were waiting

Mexy02 24 Jan 20 03:22 PM

We turned up but there is a break around lunch time so check the times before you get on the train ! We loved it and bought the frame for my husbands picture, 27 years together and I didn’t know he could draw! Ours are in the back of the frame.

Custancia 24 Jan 20 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 14256350)
We turned up but there is a break around lunch time so check the times before you get on the train ! We loved it and bought the frame for my husbands picture, 27 years together and I didn’t know he could draw! Ours are in the back of the frame.

Wow! Fabulous drawing!
And rather nice frame too - Do you remember how much the frame cost by any chance?

Lily8 24 Jan 20 09:25 PM

This looks like such a nice experience, my daughter and I are really looking forward to it so I think I'll probably book FP for this for one of our days at AK.

By the way, there are quite a few Disney animation tutorials on youtube and they are not too hard to follow (we did most of them to help us with the Disney blues :spin:)

Neep 24 Jan 20 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 14256350)

Ooh - where did you get the frame?