theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Virgin Holidays cancelled our Disney Hotel (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158866)

Emma & Lloyd 24 Jan 20 09:54 AM

Virgin Holidays cancelled our Disney Hotel

So Virgin holidays called last night to let me know Port Orleans Riverside which we booked for March has no availability.
They have advised me that the original booking was made due to a system error!
Not happy as if I had booked through another provider the day I originally booked we would still be staying onsite.
Today it would cost me an extra £1500 to book POR.
Very upset.

itsmeGAV 24 Jan 20 09:58 AM

Oh no, that's such a let down and I really do hope you get it sorted!

It would seem that Virgin Holidays aren't as on point as everyone normally makes them out to be, such a shame. :(

MrsNobby 24 Jan 20 09:59 AM

When did you book?

What does your booking confirmation say and what are Virgin offering you?

If they have taken your booking and more importantly your money they cant just say oops it was an error.

Ashleylvsgoofy 24 Jan 20 09:59 AM

Sorry to hear this, it happened to us in April 2018 for our December 2019 holiday

We booked Coronado Springs and Virgin Holidays contacted us to say that it was no longer available and they had moved us to Caribbean Beach :mad: to say we were annoyed was an understatement

Have they offered you an alternative hotel?

We pushed Virgin Holidays for an upgrade since it was their mistake - we got offered after 2 weeks of pushing them Animal Kingdom Lodge for only an admin fee - would be wary to use them again :confused2

disney332 24 Jan 20 10:03 AM

Dont leave it there.

Phone Virgin, speak to a manager, speak to his manager and get them to honour the contract by offering a similar alternative or better.

Tell them you have a contract and they are in breach of that contract and If necessary you will seek legal recourse.

Disney332

DonnyDuck 24 Jan 20 10:21 AM

Have read of this:-

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rig...d-or-cancelled

Emma & Lloyd 24 Jan 20 10:27 AM

I’ve spoken to their service team and for our 10 nights there is nothing onsite POR or similar. They have AKL for 9 of our nights but they aren’t willing to go that far as it’s about £900 more than they are willing to pay.
They have offered alternatives offsite!

DonnyDuck 24 Jan 20 10:38 AM

Hmm, they are probably exercising this clause in their T&Cs:-

7.3. In relation to the price of Packages, we will absorb, and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to up to 2% of the price of your total travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 8% of the price of your total travel arrangements (excluding insurance premiums and amendments charges), you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality, you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of monies paid, except for any amendment charges and cancellation charges already incurred. We will consider at our discretion an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should you decide to cancel due to a price increase of more than 8%, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on your invoice.

Wordsworth 24 Jan 20 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma & Lloyd (Post 14255881)
I’ve spoken to their service team and for our 10 nights there is nothing onsite POR or similar. They have AKL for 9 of our nights but they aren’t willing to go that far as it’s about £900 more than they are willing to pay.
They have offered alternatives offsite!

If you want to stay onsite, are you able to ask them how much of that £900 they will pay, and make up the rest yourself? I appreciate this may not be easy or possible.

tspill 24 Jan 20 10:49 AM

I would be writing to the CEO if you cant get this resolved to your total satisfaction. I have done this many times (with different companies). Big companies have a "chairman's complaints" department that often gets things moving immediately. I have also been on the receiving end of this type of complaint in the company I worked for. I know the pressure that comes down to resolve problems coming in from that route.