theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   No more cans of drink at GF Sequoia Lodge (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1128575)

arielrocks 13 May 19 06:12 PM

No more cans of drink at GF Sequoia Lodge

Hi all,

Arrived today and went to the lounge to get some drinks to take back to the room and they don’t have cans you can help yourself to anymore! Now there’s a ‘bar’ and a server who will pour you a glass of coke/sprite etc.

It might but be a big deal to some but it’s annoying! A small bottle of coke is €3.69 from their shop, which is probably why they don’t have a help yourself selection anymore!

FYI - we went to the mini shop at MLV Station and got 1.25l coke for €2.20 each. Also got wine but forgot you have to take it back to hotel by bus as can’t it through downtown Disney (or whatever it’s called)

Animagus 13 May 19 08:22 PM

Oh no. That’s a real pain. One reason I was looking forward to GF is the ability to take drinks into the park and not have to pay their ridiculous prices. It’s not as if GF is exactly cheap! I expect some previous guests have completely taken advantage and helped themselves to far more than was necessary. We have never stayed at SL before so have no point of reference, but it is a shame.
Thanks for the update. :grin:

arielrocks 13 May 19 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Animagus (Post 13842125)
Oh no. That’s a real pain. One reason I was looking forward to GF is the ability to take drinks into the park and not have to pay their ridiculous prices. It’s not as if GF is exactly cheap! I expect some previous guests have completely taken advantage and helped themselves to far more than was necessary. We have never stayed at SL before so have no point of reference, but it is a shame.
Thanks for the update. :grin:

Yep, we are/were the same. I’m really disappointed in this, I feel that they should have updated guests to the changes.

Gill H 13 May 19 10:31 PM

Not done GF yet (some day Abu...) but on our last trip, at least three British families boasted to us about how much food they had taken from the buffet breakfast to have later.

Not really surprised GF are stopping this - some guests were probably taking enough to start their own bar...!

It’s a shame for the majority who play by the rules though.

arielrocks 14 May 19 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gill H (Post 13842435)
Not done GF yet (some day Abu...) but on our last trip, at least three British families boasted to us about how much food they had taken from the buffet breakfast to have later.

Not really surprised GF are stopping this - some guests were probably taking enough to start their own bar...!

It’s a shame for the majority who play by the rules though.

It’s a tricky one because on one hand you’ve paid for it so should be able to have whatever you like. But I suspect the drinks have made them realise there’s money to be made so they’ve cut right back.

DisneyMum006 14 May 19 07:12 AM

Really unhappy with this. We would usually collect 2 cans a day each for the parks so we don't have to buy drinks. Is bottled water/juice still available to take out?

DisneyMum006 14 May 19 07:15 AM

They had a server there monitoring the fridge the last time we went, if you said to take away for later do you think you could still get this? Will certainly be trying in August!

Gill H 14 May 19 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arielrocks (Post 13842566)
It’s a tricky one because on one hand you’ve paid for it so should be able to have whatever you like. But I suspect the drinks have made them realise there’s money to be made so they’ve cut right back.

Have you though? I don’t know what the conditions are of this sort of thing generally (not just in Disney). I would expect it to cover food and drink you choose to have while actually in the room. If you can take stuff away for later, to me that is a nice bonus but I wouldn’t expect it.

In the same way as if you go to an ‘unlimited pizza buffet’ like Pizza Hut do, I would not expect to be able to take a pizza home for later.

I know that in Salon Mickey at DLP you can have free hot and cold drinks but you can’t take them away for later.

HappyPanda 14 May 19 09:16 AM

I can see why they've made this change; it's the same reason they removed "free" breakfasts from the hotels... I lost count of the number of times I saw people making a production line at the breakfast table of ham/cheese rolls to take with them into the park as a picnic. It will be the same with the GF lounge; for the past few years people have been using this lounge as a way of taking "free" drinks within them into the parks which is not what the lounge was intended for, now I'm sure if it was just one drink each no-one would have batted an eyelid but we've heard people bragging about taking 3/4 each every day.. that soon adds up.

So once again it's a case of a few ruining it for all.

Guest 14 May 19 10:25 AM

My understanding from staying in GF twice was that officially the food and drink was always meant to be consumed in the Golden Forest Lounge - however the staff were happy for you to take a couple of drinks up to your room for the evening etc.

It seems some people have taken the wee wee and they are now enforcing the rule that the drinks are for when you are in the lounge.