theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Rafiki's Planet Watch and New Animation Experience (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1132452)

Stu 10 Jun 19 03:18 PM

Rafiki's Planet Watch and New Animation Experience

In honour of Disney's celebration of "The Lion King," Disney will be launching The Animation Experience at Conservation Station, offering guests the opportunity to learn how live animals have inspired some of the most iconic characters from this beloved "tail." You'll learn more about some of the animals who call Disney's Animal Kingdom park home and then have the chance to create a personalised piece of Disney art through an instructor-led animation class.

As you'd expect, some of your favourite characters from "The Lion King" will be the stars of The Animation Experience, which will start when Rafiki's Planet Watch reopens on July 11.

Learn how to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon and more. Each session will be different so be sure to visit often to complete the collection. Disney FastPass+ Service will be offered for the experience, and you can make those selections starting later today.

from Disney parks Blog...
"For more than 60 years, animals have been a part of Disney storytelling, and these stories continue today alongside efforts to protect wildlife and habitats around the world, as well as provide immersive experiences that connect kids and families with the magic of nature. We look forward to offering guests this new way of connecting with the animals in our park in addition to the other unique opportunities that Rafiki’s Planet Watch offers. We are excited to welcome guests back to greet and hug the animals at Affection Section, catch a glimpse of medical procedures at our veterinary treatment window, learn how our animal care experts prepare meals for and care for the park’s animal residents and more."

©Disney

Lily8 11 Jun 19 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu (Post 13894789)
In honour of Disney's celebration of "The Lion King," Disney will be launching The Animation Experience at Conservation Station, offering guests the opportunity to learn how live animals have inspired some of the most iconic characters from this beloved "tail." You'll learn more about some of the animals who call Disney's Animal Kingdom park home and then have the chance to create a personalised piece of Disney art through an instructor-led animation class.

As you'd expect, some of your favourite characters from "The Lion King" will be the stars of The Animation Experience, which will start when Rafiki's Planet Watch reopens on July 11.

Learn how to draw Simba, Zazu, Pumbaa, Timon and more. Each session will be different so be sure to visit often to complete the collection. Disney FastPass+ Service will be offered for the experience, and you can make those selections starting later today.

from Disney parks Blog...
"For more than 60 years, animals have been a part of Disney storytelling, and these stories continue today alongside efforts to protect wildlife and habitats around the world, as well as provide immersive experiences that connect kids and families with the magic of nature. We look forward to offering guests this new way of connecting with the animals in our park in addition to the other unique opportunities that Rafiki’s Planet Watch offers. We are excited to welcome guests back to greet and hug the animals at Affection Section, catch a glimpse of medical procedures at our veterinary treatment window, learn how our animal care experts prepare meals for and care for the park’s animal residents and more."

©Disney

This sounds great! Do you happen to know whether the animation experience is a temporary attraction for the re-opening or is it intended as a permanent experience at Animal Kingdom? My daughter would absolutely love this :)

aqualiv 11 Jun 19 01:28 PM

Great news!
I love this area and missed it in April
So glad it’s reopening soon

Cha cha 11 Jun 19 01:54 PM

Just booked a FP for this. Not sure if it'll end up being a waste of a FP but thought I'd go for it to check it out 😊

kellsbells 11 Jun 19 02:00 PM

Really excited for this, loved the animation class when it was at HS. Great that they have added FP too, this will definitely be one of our choices :grin:

Rincelex 11 Jun 19 02:17 PM

We have also just booked a FP on a day we had free so going to take a look at it and if it looks worth it go back on this day.

sotagals 11 Jun 19 04:30 PM

I was looking for evenings for this but it seems to end at 4.25pm is this correct?

loves2plan 11 Jun 19 05:30 PM

Really happy about this as we used to love the animation classes at HS, so will definitely factor this in on our next trip :)

Mo&Chris 11 Jun 19 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cha cha (Post 13896465)
Just booked a FP for this. Not sure if it'll end up being a waste of a FP but thought I'd go for it to check it out 😊

Please report back! I'd love to try it. And I assume if it's FP-able, then it's "free" - at least, as free as anything is once you buy your park tickets!

/Mo

DollyDimples 11 Jun 19 09:54 PM

Thanks for this. Just booked a fastpass for 13th July.