theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shopping in Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Amazon Grocer vs Instacart vs Personal Shopper? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133192)

writersblock 16 Jun 19 12:41 AM

Amazon Grocer vs Instacart vs Personal Shopper?

For those who have stayed on site, have you used any of the above? If so, how easy was it? Any problems? Anyone used more than one service and are able to compare? I’m trying to figure out if the shopper fee is worth it for us. We are staying at AKL in November (two of us) and we are on DDP. No car rental.

We definitely want a case of water. We drink a lot of water anyway and we are aware we will likely drink more there. We probably want some things like breakfast foods for the days we need to grab and go for rope drop, and cheap wine for the nights we will be relaxing at the resort.

Can I confirm for those who have used the personal shopper services, is it the one fee for the grocery and holding any parcels? If so, then that’s tempting.

What’s the variety of foods like with Amazon Grocer and Instacart? Can you also get medicines from them? Travel sickness pills and basic painkillers. What about Crest whitening strips?

Finally, does AKL shop sell cases of water? And if so how much are they (for a comparison)?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

YorkshireT 16 Jun 19 07:23 AM

Theres quite a large thread on Instacart under the DVC section.

princessgem 16 Jun 19 10:05 AM

We got an Uber to super target after a day at animal kingdom one year and plan to do the same this year. The price wasn’t bad and we love looking around the shop ourselves not sure if you’ve considered that!

writersblock 16 Jun 19 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessgem (Post 13904494)
We got an Uber to super target after a day at animal kingdom one year and plan to do the same this year. The price wasn’t bad and we love looking around the shop ourselves not sure if you’ve considered that!

Thank you! How much was the Uber?

mandco 16 Jun 19 02:47 PM

I used angelbabe's personal shopper service for parcel holding & groceries and it was one fee to deliver everything.
There is a small charge on the groceries to cover costs but its still far cheaper than paying onsite prices. For us it was ideal I shopped the sales before I went than ordered a few groceries mostly things I knew I could not get onsite but needed without being tied to doing a large shop. I will be using the service again for our next trip

can not comment on the other options as never used them

Guest 16 Jun 19 03:04 PM

I've used Garden Grocer and couldn't fault and wouldn't hesitate to use again ...

YorkshireT 16 Jun 19 05:00 PM

Garden Grocer is good, used to use it, but it is ridiculously priced compared to Instacart which essentially offers the same service- I arrive, and my shop is delivered- they even both shopped at Publix. So I stopped using Garden Grocer.

MariaLynda 16 Jun 19 05:08 PM

I'm going to use instacart. I looked at it about a month ago and they are always sending me money off my first shop! A while to go yet though haha. I also mainly want water.

darsch1982 16 Jun 19 05:21 PM

Used fairytale personal shopper last year and using her this year and will be using her next year find they are great :)

slicer 16 Jun 19 06:49 PM

Hi
We used Fairytale Shopper last year - excellent service.
We plan to do this again for our family trip in August, when we are staying at POFQ.
Wondered if anyone has stayed at French Quarter recently, and knows if Disney are charging a fee for receiving the packages?
We were not charged last year at Riverside.
Thanks in advance.

Sue