theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shopping in Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Staying on site & going to Walmart... (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133416)

geniefan 17 Jun 19 02:55 PM

Staying on site & going to Walmart...

Afternoon all,

Quick Q. I am going to WDW on my own in November and staying on site. But on my first day, I am going to Walmart for the obligatory ‘buying American snacks & water’ for my hotel room.

However, I’m having to get an Uber there...
1) People that do this - how do you get all your shopping and a big box of water back? (I was planning on taking my empty suitcase but the thought of this is a bit embarrassing). Has anyone else done this?

And 2) How do I get my Uber back to Disney? Can I get WiFi at Walmart? (I will be deactivating my 4G to avoid abroad costs)

Thanks all! Am just a bit nervous about how I’m going to get all my bits in Walmart and back again without looking like an octopus carrying bags upon bags :-)

X

stupet11 17 Jun 19 03:03 PM

Sounds like a delivery to resort would be easier...its actually cheaper as you'll save on the Uber and you will order what you want, rather than buy loads of extra stuff you don't need if you go to Walmart in person!

Ginners 17 Jun 19 03:07 PM

Hi!

We used Uber for the exact reason a couple of times. Although I haven't had to carry a large box of water back (we bought the gallon bottles), I have seen sooo many people use their suitcases to bring stuff back,I think its a great idea. I wouldn't be embarrassed, I'm pretty sure the Uber driver will be used to it! This is what I'm planning to do next time!

I struggled getting an Uber back as my signal at the Walmart we went to was horrendous anyway so I had to use the wifi. I believe, if my memory recalls, that its not the strongest, took a little while to connect and find a strong enough signal but did the job in the end. You'll just need to linger around in Walmart for a little while after you've done your shopping :)

Markpc2013 17 Jun 19 03:07 PM

A) Not at all. You see loads of folk in malls and places with suitcases! We’ve done it for the outlets before.

B) Walmart do have free wifi so should be fine

There’s nothing better than a walmart shop on the first day/ night for goodies!

geniefan 17 Jun 19 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stupet11 (Post 13906828)
Sounds like a delivery to resort would be easier...its actually cheaper as you'll save on the Uber and you will order what you want, rather than buy loads of extra stuff you don't need if you go to Walmart in person!

That won’t be appropriate for me as I plan on wandering round and finding lots of goodies to buy :-)

geniefan 17 Jun 19 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markpc2013 (Post 13906833)
A) Not at all. You see loads of folk in malls and places with suitcases! We’ve done it for the outlets before.

B) Walmart do have free wifi so should be fine

There’s nothing better than a walmart shop on the first day/ night for goodies!

Totally agree! I’m very excited about Walmart ha ha

stupet11 17 Jun 19 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geniefan (Post 13906852)
That won’t be appropriate for me as I plan on wandering round and finding lots of goodies to buy :-)

I did fear that might be your motive really...!

I pity your credit card ;-)

Mine is still in rehab after we wen't to get suncream last year...make sure you get XL Uber...

geniefan 17 Jun 19 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stupet11 (Post 13906863)
I did fear that might be your motive really...!

I pity your credit card ;-)

Mine is still in rehab after we wen't to get suncream last year...make sure you get XL Uber...

On a serious note... won’t just a plain normal Uber take 1 suitcase for Walmart? It can go in the boot of the car?

itsmeGAV 17 Jun 19 03:38 PM

Take one of your empty suitcases and fill it with the stuff you purchase then unload back in your room?

Not the maddest idea as I spotted a couple people do this on our trip.

stupet11 17 Jun 19 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geniefan (Post 13906894)
On a serious note... won’t just a plain normal Uber take 1 suitcase for Walmart? It can go in the boot of the car?

Lol - of course!