theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Beyond the Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Orlando magic (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1141920)

Chocolate 17 Aug 19 09:14 PM

Orlando magic

Has anyone gone to a basketball game in orlando?
This is on my hubby's to do list

mseagle 17 Aug 19 10:45 PM

Been a few times - always great fun whether or not basketball is your thing.

sunnysandra 18 Aug 19 08:56 AM

We have been twice , it's good fun and great experience 😊

JSB32 18 Aug 19 09:38 AM

Excellent night, we always go to at least 1 game during our October trips.
Worth going to an Orlando Solar Bears hockey match too, also held in the Amway.

Jimmy Mac 20 Aug 19 02:15 PM

Before going i wasnt a basketball fan my son talked me into going been twice now and going again in October for a preseason game against the Celtics.

Its a brilliant night out and the Amway Centre is a really good venue.

JSB32 20 Aug 19 02:24 PM

We are also going to Celtics game in October. Really hoping former UCF player Tacko Fall (7ft 6ins) gets on the roster and plays for the Celtics that night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Mac (Post 14026185)
Before going i wasnt a basketball fan my son talked me into going been twice now and going again in October for a preseason game against the Celtics.

Its a brilliant night out and the Amway Centre is a really good venue.

Jimmy Mac 20 Aug 19 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSB32 (Post 14026194)
We are also going to Celtics game in October. Really hoping former UCF player Tacko Fall (7ft 6ins) gets on the roster and plays for the Celtics that night.

I'm not that clued up on the NBA so no idea who he is :d:

It's a brilliant night though and for $17 a ticket for the Celtics game its good value.

jomarise 21 Aug 19 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kissedafrog (Post 14027649)
Seriously, the atmosphere is fab, get there early, loads to do, lots of cheap food places and carts to eat at as well 😀

Just booked tickets tonight. Game starts at 7pm - what time do you recommend getting there?

I see we have to prebook parking with ticketmaster, do you know if its far away? Thanks

ManCity 21 Aug 19 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jomarise (Post 14028638)
Just booked tickets tonight. Game starts at 7pm - what time do you recommend getting there?

I see we have to prebook parking with ticketmaster, do you know if its far away? Thanks

No, you don't 'have to' book parking with Ticketmaster at all. You can if you really want to, and pay a rip-off price (often $20)! The Geico garage is situated behind the Amway Center and is connected to it by a footbridge, so in that sense it is convenient.

However, most of the parking facilities are just the other side of the I-4 (about 100yds away) in the main downtown area. The garages run by the City Council are only $10 for event parking - and you just pay the person at the barrier on the way in - simple. The Suntrust and City Commons garages might be slightly dearer, e.g. $12. There is a parking map on the Amway web site. Also, the Church St/Orange Ave area there is a major nightlife area for locals with bars/restaurants/clubs where fans go before and after. When I go, I park in the Central Blvd garage and go for a stroll around Lake Eola first, which is a pleasant way to spend 30 to 60 min. Doors at the Amway open about 6pm - I'd go in, say, 6.30ish.

mseagle 21 Aug 19 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jomarise (Post 14028638)

Can’t believe you have to book parking with ticketmaster. Plenty of parking options, not least some multi storey car parks close by. We tend to use one off church street. You will find most parking to be within 5-10 mins walk max. Just check what ticket master are offering.
If it starts at 7 you won’t need to get there until just before then.
Have fun !