theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Highlander447 Part 2 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=47421)

highlander447 13 Feb 05 07:01 PM

Highlander447 Part 2

STILL WITH US READ ON
DAY SEVEN
Saturday it was forecast rain for the afternoon today so we hit IOA in morning did all the fav rides then headed over to USO we spent rest of day there till about 5pm we then headed into Finnegan’s for dinner great as usual or maybe its just the happy hour beers we then headed back to the resort, the rain hadn’t really came to anything, when we went into our room there where two baskets of goodies for the kids and a note wishing my daughter a nice birthday and an apology for all the hassle, this was very good of the hotel as most of our problems where from the travel agent, there was also a message from a travel rep saying that was everything all sorted now (excellent only took them 7 days) my wife was pretty tired I think the stress was getting to her so she went for a sleep me and the kids headed to lounge with their goodies for hot chocolate and to play with their new souvenirs after a couple of hours in the lounge we headed up to the room after my wife showered and change we headed to city walk for desert at Cinnabon’s the horse and carriage was out tonight so we hired it for a nice gentle trot very relaxing and the coachman was very friendly then we had our desert I had a nice cocktail from the porch as well overall a good day and the weather is forecast to start getting better

Day Eight

Sunday we had decided to have breakfast at Sizzler on I-Drive and I wanted to go to festival bay as I wanted a new suit promised our son only 2 hours shopping today and then back to pool the breakfast at Sizzler was good and the staff where pretty friendly we decided to walk to festival bay as we where all stuffed from the buffet the kids thought it was great to get ice cream after breakfast mind u so did I, it was actually quite a refreshing walk my DD loved festival bay as it had a couple of Goth type shops she managed to spend more money I got my suit although it had to be altered I was assured it would be ready for pick up on Wednesday while I did this my wife got her nails done then we headed back to hotel it wasn’t brilliant weather but better than we had the last couple of days we got changed for the pool and relaxed for the next few hours when it started getting chilly we headed upstairs to change again my wife went for a rest while me and kids hit the mummy etc again (ok I admit it was happy hour) they where taping a wrestling show which DS wanted to see but DD didn’t this caused a little friction which I fixed with my words of wisdom “lets go and get mum” which we did we decided to eat at pastamore tonight the food was excellent as was the Sangria my wife declared her desert beautiful as did the kids everyone liked the fact they showed the deserts to u rather than just picking from menu

DAY NINE
Monday Today the weather wasn't too bad and it was forecast to get better as we had stuff to return to Wal-Mart we got a cab to there from RPR no problem returning goods we got some supplies then a cab back now this was our third trip to Wal-Mart so we pretty much knew the route cost etc now our cab driver decided to take us on a tour of Orlando by the time we got to RPR it was $24 on his meter usually its $10 after an exchange of words with the driver he got $12 this was after the valet parking supervisor basically told him take that or beat it, after that little excitement the kids wanted to spend time at the pool we had got a sub at Wal-Mart for lunch so we had lunch at the pool relaxed and played pretty nice afternoon about 4pm my DW went for a nap while me and kids hit the parks as they where open till 7pm tonight we had promised the kids we would take them to see meet the fockers tonight so about 6pm we left park to get wife for the pictures very funny picture kids loved it , we had dinner at Nascar we all had burgers which where good no deserts as we where stuffed, we then walked around city walk got plenty of beads which where being thrown at Pat's kids loved chasing after them nice end to a good day

DAY TEN
Tuesday today we had decided to go to SW normaly we would have already done it by now but due to messing around we hadn't the free bus left at 10am so we just walked to I-Drive and got a trolley about
8 30am we got to SW about 9am the park was not that busy today although no doplhin shows today, it was chilly today by Florida standards so we gave JTA a miss although we did Kraken 4 times and front of row we visited the aquereum it was pretty cool, shows where excellent as usual we had lunch at the sharks underwater grill the food was excellent really good well worth a visit kids thought it was cool as well after lunch I did Beer school which was fun they even give u a certifiicate we stayed till the park closed and got the free bus back we where all pretty tired so we got take away from Jakes just 4 kids meals as the lunch was pretty filling we bought a movie watched that and chilled DW booked another massage for wednesday as I was going to pick up my suit and DD wanted to get her nails done as well

DAY ELEVEN
Wednesday After breakfast me and kids walked to Festival Bay pretty good walk we got there about 10 just as it opened I got DD settled at nail place then me and son went to pick up my suit it fitted perfectly akso they threw in a free shirt & tie as well, then DS found a trick stand selling garlic sweets etc so he bought a few tricks when his sister came out of nail place he tricked her into a garlic sweet she was not happy but it was very funny,we got I-Trolley back and then short walk to hotel we where back about 11.30am DW was still at Spa so we changed for the pool as it was starting to heat up we met DW coming back from Spa at pool about 1pm DS was hungry so I walked to city walk got couple of sandwiches and past from pastamore to share at pool although unknown to family I had a sneaky Corona at the bar while waiting very relaxing sitting on those deckchairs watching everyone rushing about, we didvnot visit the parks today had too much fun at the pool, we had dinner on city walk from takeaway window at latin quarter so we sat and ate a few cocktails then some churros and hot chocolate

DAY TWELVE
Thursday today we went to the parks after breakfast we did IOA first then USO we did the shows we had missed about lunch time wevkeft USO & went to IOA as I wanted to try Mythos and it was great wife had kids steak as did son DD had pasta I had the adult steak for desert DD had ice cream DW had the banana cake me & son split chococalte selection now thats a desert a family can share a little something of everything believe me its mind blowing and this restaurant lived up to its rep believe me, we then did shopping on city walk as DW saw a nice top in the endangeredb shop so after buying that we hit the pool for a couple of hours DW started packing whike me and kids played pool then we visited Margritville for dinner we never had a starter as last time it was too much we got balloon hats even got a song played for us singer was impressed we had travelled from Scotland to see him preform a good night was had by all

DAY THIRTEEN
Friday today we decided to have a buffet at sizzler so we walked to I-Drive had breakfast then walked back to hotel we did a few rides at both parks DW picked up a few souveneirs at the Betty Boop shop and the kis posed with the heros (by the way storm is very hot) then we returned to the pool for the afternoon DD ordered nachos from pool bar late pm they where nice as where the cocktails we stayed at pool till 6 then we headed to room showered and changed for pictures as kids wanted to see are we there yet which just came out that day for dinner we had hotdogs and junk we had a last walk and drink on citywalk for awhile then we went back to the room and finished packing back home tommorrow

DAY FOURTEEN
Saturday we got up about 8 today the Limo was picking us up at noon so after breakfast we headed to USO twice on mummy and twice on MIB then webhit IOA twice on Hulk, twice on Spidey then Dr Doom we bought sandwiches for the plane ride home at croisant moon bakery they where pretty tasty we checked out got picked up the limo driver was good chilled drinks plus a film on way to airport the holiday may have started bumpy but it sure ended well no probs at airport apart from almost being strip searched it was a long journey home but we can't wait for September trip its not Universal but I am sure we might fit in a day thanks for reading and I will let u all know the outcome of our complaint

Guest 13 Feb 05 07:34 PM

Wow - that was an eventful two weeks! A real pity about all the mix-ups... I would be furious if I had to spend so much time, on our precious holidays, sorting out mistakes made by someone else... it sounds as though you stil manges a pretty good time though:D

Love Suexx

Villainlover 13 Feb 05 08:08 PM

Great trip report, thanks for sharing :D

Shame about the mix ups :angry: but at least you got to stay where you wanted...:jump:
Those happy hours are great ;) :drinkbeer

Guest 13 Feb 05 09:39 PM

I reckon I would have been mad at being messsed around in the first instance but for them to take so long to sort it out when I was there would have annoyed me even more. Glad you had a good time.

Anne

highlander447 13 Feb 05 10:12 PM

Thanks for the replys now in planning mode for sept at POFQ not with Thomsons thank goodness

janeywaney 13 Feb 05 11:33 PM

I bet it has put you off Thompson! It has me!
You had a lovely second week though without any hassle.
Jane

REH 14 Feb 05 02:20 AM

Glad you got it sorted in the end!

TinkTatoo 14 Feb 05 09:10 AM

Great trip reports thanks for posting them. It was a shame about the mix up though.

Guest 14 Feb 05 02:21 PM

Enjoyed your reports. So sorry about all the hassle you had.

AlisonB 16 Feb 05 10:25 PM

Glad you had a good trip overall - but all that hassle was unforgiveable!