theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 10 - Perkins, Epcot, Disney Springs & Posner Park (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1004878)

codym 7 Feb 17 08:37 PM

Our 5th Trip of Firsts: Day 10 - Perkins, Epcot, Disney Springs & Posner Park

We started the day with brekkie at Perkins on the 192. We find this restaurant consistently good each year & along with Keke's it's our favourite place for breakfast.
Next it was on to Epcot. We had a FP for Spaceship Earth (a first for us) and Test Track. Spaceship Earth was only ok, wouldn't be bothered with it, test track was fun as usual though :)

The boys spent ages getting in and out of all the cars after TT & pretending they were driving :)

After this we walked to Japan to get Pokemon stuff for Odhrán. Belle was out in France so we stopped for a quick picture.

We left after Japan and went to Disney Springs. It was still pretty much a building site last year so we were looking forward to seeing what it looked like. It's gorgeous, they really did a great job. First stop, as always if there's one around, was Tommy Bahama, Rob bought something in here & I got some candles. (Their candles are the nicest if you're into candles!)

The boys got one of these movie photos done in the marvel shop.

We had lunch in Wolfgang Pucks, I love the pizzas here, so good.
Got dessert in Ghirardellis, oh how I'd love something from there now, yum yum.

Got some of these after reading about them every year in JoJo88's 'Jamerica' Trip reports, she's not wrong, they are delicious so thanks Jo :)

After hanging out in the lego store for a while & buying yet more lego we left to go to Posner Park. Robbie and the boys were going to the Trolls movie while I had a look around the shops. I started at the top in Ross & got a couple of bargains. This little Tommy Hilfiger purse/clutch was $10.

Saw this DKNY top & knew my niece would love it so picked it up for her, turned out to be another bargain at $8.

Spotted this all on its own on the way to the till & I'm always drawn to a Breton top, my wardrobe is full of them! It turned out to be another Tommy Hilfiger bargain at $17.
It was dark when I came out of Ross & it was quite a walk down to the cinema end where Target & JC Penney are. The footpath also ran out half way where there was undeveloped land between the 2 sections of the retail park. When your driving past here it feels like nothing but when your walking along there alone in the dark thinking of all the scary movies you've seen and imagining some crazy axe murderer snatching you at any moment, it is the longest stretch of grass imaginable ;) I made it safely to the other side and looked in a few shops but made no more purchases. The movie was over so met up with the boys and we headed back to the villa. The kids loved Trolls :) Chilled out in the villa for the rest of the evening.

app 7 Feb 17 09:26 PM

New Photo Added by codym - 7 Feb 17 8:26 PM.

rosiebun3 7 Feb 17 11:09 PM

Have just read the whole of your report so far. Amazed at how much you squeeze into each day!
Thanks for keeping going, looking forward to the next installment ;)

codym 8 Feb 17 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosiebun3 (Post 12271334)
Have just read the whole of your report so far. Amazed at how much you squeeze into each day!
Thanks for keeping going, looking forward to the next installment ;)

Thanks for reading :smile: It's only writing the report that I realise how much we do each day! We always split it though so there's down time included most days so it doesn't feel as much when we are doing it :d:

mick 8 Feb 17 12:03 PM

A busy day with some bargains:spin: I know the piece of grass your talking about😱 I always think it is strange they way the built Posner Park with a gap in the middle

Joan :wave:

codym 11 Feb 17 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 12272062)
A busy day with some bargains:spin: I know the piece of grass your talking about😱 I always think it is strange they way the built Posner Park with a gap in the middle

Joan :wave:

I didn't realise quite how big that gap is until walking it :omg:
TFR x

Jake71 14 Feb 17 02:23 PM

We love Test Track, and I do have a soft spot for Spaceship Earth too. Your ice-cream looks delicious, if it wasn't so cold out I'd really fancy some right now.

boltyboy 19 Feb 17 08:58 PM

Really enjoying your trippy, we have never been to Perkins for breakfast is it a buffet style?

codym 19 Feb 17 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boltyboy (Post 12299076)
Really enjoying your trippy, we have never been to Perkins for breakfast is it a buffet style?

Thank you :smile:
No, it's not a buffet but it's similar prices to IHOP. There and Keke's are our favourite breakfasts :smile:

disneytrio 27 Feb 17 08:56 PM

I would love to try the peppermint bark but I've never managed to as don't seem to sell it in August time when we are there. Another great day!