theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   Ok Lets Try This... Live Food Report June/July 2016 - Day 9 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=966364)

missdopey 3 Jul 16 03:34 PM

Ok Lets Try This... Live Food Report June/July 2016 - Day 9

Well we could hear the goofy candy company treats calling our names from inside the fridge so had them for breakfast. I had the marshmallows covered in chocolate and dipped in m&m's, this was as delicious as ever. The marshmallows were soft and gooey inside and the chocolate was hard and tasty and the m&ms were so good. I love this snack and will be having it again this trip.

DD had the cookie this was dipped in white chocolate and then covered in sprinkles. She didn't eat all of this so we've saved some for later but she enjoyed it.

DH had the Krispy treat covered in chocolate and dipped in m&m's, this was really tasty and crispy. Great use of a snack credit and and a fab breakfast along with a cup of coffee.

We headed to Epcot for lunch, DH and I got the jambon beurre sandwich, this is a ham and cheese baguette and was very tasty!

DD had the Ham and cheese croissant warm, apologies for the photo I had already cut it up for her. This was as good as usual, loads of ham and cheese and so lovely warm.

For dessert I had the duo au chocolate, this was a cake base with a chocolate mousse filling covered in chocolate ganache. It was so good! It was lovely and refreshing with the mousse being quite cold and not too heavy.

DH had the strawberry tart and really enjoyed this. We used two quick service credits for this. We switched one drink for the ham and cheese croissant as a snack. Great value! This should have come to $38.

Mid afternoon we headed to the DVC member lounge for refreshments and a chill out

We grabbed some drinks from the coke freestyle machines.

There were various snacks available too which was a nice surprise. They had different types of crisps, gummy sweets, cereal type bars/biscuits.

DD got an ice cream using a snack credit. This was a single scoop vanilla from les artisan de glaces in France; it was huge! Should have been $5.69 and she pretty much finished it, great use of a snack credit. There were loads of flavours to choose from including salted caramel, coffee, chocolate, strawberry, mint, coconut, and some crazy mixed flavours too.

This evening we went to the contemporary for the DVC Independence Day dessert party. We parked up outside bay lake tower, the car park was heaving. We decided to have some dinner at the contempo cafe beforehand. I have never seen it so busy, it took 15 mins to order and another 20 for our food to come.

DH and I both had the Maine lobster roll with fries. This was just as good as last time I had it, plenty of big lumps of lobster.

DD had the kids chicken nuggets and fries.

For dessert DH grabbed a worms and dirt cupcake and shared this with DD

We also had a flourless chocolate cake and DH and I shared this. It was really rich and smooth and really good, kind of like a lump of ganache.

We headed over to the desert party which was from 8-10. There were lots of desserts to choose from and huge drinks dispensers with lemonade, iced tea, water, punch and fridges full of cans of soft drink to help yourself too. As well as tea and coffee facilities with syrups.

The popcorn was pretty cool all red, white and blue.

These chocolate tarts topped with walnuts were really good.

Not a great photo but these chocolate cheesecake shots were my favourite.

There were carnival games where you could win prizes, balloon artists, a photo opportunity with Minnie and Mickey in celebratory 4th July costume, performers singing and playing instruments and then the fireworks at 9pm. The fireworks were exceptional and the view was superb from the convention centre patio area.

Megandllsmum 3 Jul 16 04:39 PM

Only in Florida would we eat a breakfast like this lol... they look yummy and glad you all enjoyed :)... really enjoying all the lovely food you've been eating ...enjoy the rest of your holiday :wavey:

waiting4disney 3 Jul 16 06:02 PM

Look delicious.

Disney Bear 3 Jul 16 06:19 PM

we only have 3 more days to go, but in 5 days time one of those treats has my name written all over it! Yum!

debsym62 3 Jul 16 06:59 PM

Haha lovely breakfast.

JenD1 3 Jul 16 07:17 PM

Move over buns for breakfast! Bring on the sweeties! Only on holiday😁:wave:

Ycryan 3 Jul 16 09:49 PM

Amazing, can't wait to see more. x

Cinderella 3 Jul 16 09:55 PM

I like the breakfast😉

Jake71 4 Jul 16 06:41 AM

Breakfast looks delicious.

margyloveswdw 4 Jul 16 07:34 AM

Breakfast holiday style... love it!