theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Sherwood Center parcs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1108864)

anna68 4 Dec 18 08:48 AM

Sherwood Center parcs

Only ever been to longleat which we love. We are looking to book Xmas 2019 and woburn is in the middle of family who will be travelling. However it looks so small and particularly pool inside and no real pool outside. We have a mixed age group and swimming is more important than slides. So I’m actually thinking we travel further and do Sherwood.

Any views on areas which are good? We will want a 4 bed lodge.

Mortimer Mouse 4 Dec 18 04:47 PM

I'd be interested to know to as I'm looking to book before xmas when the winter wonderland decorations are up.

katiebaz 5 Dec 18 08:18 AM

We went to Woburn last year and were disappointed with the pool. The slides are great but the main pool is tiny, no good for swimming and there is no outside pool. Also the site feels very small overall.

The lodges were lovely and brand new but we wouldn’t go back. We loved Whinfell but have moved now so is is too far away. We are thinking of trying Sherwood next.

smedley 6 Dec 18 11:35 PM

We are at sherwood right now for the winter wonderland and it’s been fab. Pools are much better than Woburn, wave pool, outside pool and a lane pool, and I know you mentioned not slides but the rapids are my favourite here

nats1211 7 Dec 18 12:06 AM

We did Sherwood this year, Woburn is our closest but we wouldn’t go as when I say close I mean 15 mins away and it wouldn’t feel like we were going anywhere!
We had a great time at Sherwood. Our lodge was one of the furthest away but still only 10 minutes on the bikes.

Beddy666 7 Dec 18 01:00 AM

Elveden is good.
We were at Sherwood for Xmas last year, my DS is only a toddler and as the pool was good things like parks etc were all aimed at older children. We did Elveden the month before and have just done it again this year and is so much better for his age group.

Both parks are good, we’ve done the winter wonderland 3 times in two years now, Sherwood was better for that. Our next trip is booked but going January 2020 back to Elveden as the deals are unreal. We’ve got a 4 bed upgraded villa for the same price as we paid for a 3 bed standard just a matter of weeks ago.

Mortimer Mouse 8 Dec 18 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smedley (Post 13599332)
We are at sherwood right now for the winter wonderland and it’s been fab. Pools are much better than Woburn, wave pool, outside pool and a lane pool, and I know you mentioned not slides but the rapids are my favourite here

This is great to know. I'll definitely be booking for next year.

LLamb 8 Dec 18 08:24 AM

I’ve been to all of them apart from Longleat.
Whinfell is our closest so generally go there most of time.
I really like Woburn, it is smaller which I don’t mind but you are correct about the pool. We have young children and love slides so that bit is excellent. But the main pool is too small and there is no where to swim. Also feel the lake should be in the middle so you can walk around it.

Sherwood is the original site, it’s quite big but all flat. (Unlike whinfell!)
For older children the pool is great. Outdoor rapids are brilliant and it has a good size outdoor pool. For younger children I feel the pool isn’t that great. They are due a refurb soon.
The outside of the lodges look a bit dated but inside is fine.
The centre is like a little village and will be lovely during winter wonderland. Which I really recommend, we do it every year.

As to location it depends what you want and if you want to be close.
We have stayed on the far side of the lake, nearer the pub/golf area in the summer. With a view over the lake was lovely.
Also stayed a lot closer in Maple, near the pancake house. Depends if don’t mind walking/will take/hire bikes.

It’s not like Woburn where I wouldn’t want to be the wrong side of “the hill”. I know longleat has two sections with a little train? I think the furthest lodge at sherwood is no more than 20 min walk from the centre.

Definitely also have a look at Elevden if it’s not too far away.
The pool is great there, similar little village to Sherwood, nice lake etc.

anna68 9 Dec 18 04:35 PM

Thanks so much everyone I’ve booked sherwood in maple area. Very happy to have it booked and will be very excited for that this time next year!