theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   WDW With A British Accent - Day 2 EPCOT & Tokyo Dining (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=747804)

Stu 5 Oct 13 10:00 PM

WDW With A British Accent - Day 2 EPCOT & Tokyo Dining

EPCOT today, again we were up early, didn't want to drive today as might have some drinks so used the Disney Bus.
We arrived about 15 minutes before opening, this is the crowd waiting to get in :-)

A bit of colour to start the day. I would love to eat around the world but have lunch booked at 12 so don't think we'll manage it.

We headed with the crowd after rope drop to Soarin to get that done before the wait time goes bonkers. I never understand why this ride attracts such big wait times.

After Soarin we headed for Test Track, I thought the wait time would have built up but it was only 5 minutes.

Heading for the Design Studio.

Designing the Car on the interactive screens in the Design Studio.

Tracy designed our car, it came first in the tests :-)

The terminals to scan your Magicbands or Tickets to register your design to the car you are about to ride and test.

After test track we went for a coffee and somehow a pastry also found it way in to our order :-)

We then looked around Innoventions east and west

Tracy use to work for the Fire Service in control, we found this in innoventions, so this photo was a must.

This will probably be me after the DDP has taken hold of my waist line :-)

Off to see Nemo

It was time to make our way to Japan. We have lunch booked.

We have an ADR for Tokyo Dining

At 12pm when the restaurant opens, all the staff come out, line up and officially greet the dinners waiting in a very unique Japanese way as they open up for business.

We were seated by the window, this is the view.

Different angle from window

To start, a nice Frozen Kirin Beer.
This is different as the head on the beer is actually frozen which does make it difficult to start drinking. Once you have resigned yourself to the fact that you are going to have a beer moustache for the first few mouthfuls it goes down a treat :-)

Chicken Katsu
Panko crusted chicken breast, Miso Soup, Somen Salad, Sunomono and steamed rice.

Fillet Mignon
Beef Tenderloin, served with grated Daikon, Ponzu (citrus soy sauce), seasonal vegetables and steamed beef rice.

Green Tea Ice Cream.
This is actually green in colour but the photo isn't very good!

This was very smooth and delicious.

After lunch we wandered around World Showcse

This Guy looked very serious, wonder if he is in training for Airport Immigration :-)

31 degrees and climbing outside and we find Christmas!

We dived in to Mexico to cool down, the inside was mobbed with a massive queue at the Tequila Bar.

World Showcase was now heaving with big lines at all the Festival Food and Drink stands plus the sun was baking hot so we decided to head back to the hotel.

On our way out we went on Spaceship Earth.

app 5 Oct 13 11:05 PM

New Photo Added by Stu - 5 Oct 13 11:05 PM.

Dogwalker 6 Oct 13 10:02 AM

Great photos
We love Tokyo Dining - lovely view from your table :grin:

Stu 6 Oct 13 10:12 AM

Tokyo Dining was a big surprise for me, I wasn't really that bothered about it, however I booked it as we hadn't done it before. It turned out to be one of the best dining experiences I have had in all the time of Doing ADR's over the years!

The food, service and overall experience was exceptional.

Our original plan was to eat around the world, sampling the food stations, I am so pleased we decided to do lunch though as the festival food and drink stands were stupidly busy, nearly all the stands had massive lines of people waiting to be served. I have been to the food and wine festival several times in previous years and never experienced it this busy.

It could be the combination of the 10K run being on at DHS this weekend and people avoiding that along with it being a Saturday and the locals flocking in.

The wait times on the rides suggested a Low'ish crowd level but the lines for the food and drink suggested a full park :-) 10 minutes to ride maelstrom 20 minutes to get food or drink!

It will be interesting to see what it is like later in the week when we return.

AndyJ 6 Oct 13 06:49 PM

I've never seen it so busy either.

By about 8pm it became impossible to get anything without a 30 minute wait. Some had equally long queues to pay and collect.

Restrooms too, we nipped into San Angle just to get a quick pee.

me&mine 6 Oct 13 08:26 PM

Great photos. We were thinking about booking an ADR at Tokyo Dining but DH not so keen, I will show him the pics see if it helps persuade him :)

mossyflossy 7 Oct 13 12:03 AM

Goodness, don't often see reports on Tokyo dining, it does look good! Crowds at weekend on food and wine are just silly, aren't they. Enjoying the pictures.

Michelle 8 Oct 13 10:32 AM

We were pleasantly surprised by Tokyo Dining, infact I'm sure we must of sat in the same seats. The only thing that spoilt the whole experience was the CM 'reminding' us about the tip!

brody-maddison 16 Oct 13 03:40 PM

Tokyo Dining does look good but I'm not sure I can substitute it for one of my favourite's, Teppan Edo.

Alien 1 Mar 14 11:11 AM

Hm... change of plans. Removing the italian (via napoli or tutto italia) and adding tokyo dining at 12.

How long does it take to make your way from Soarin to Tokyo Dinning?

The green tea icecream looks great, a must try! Thanks for sharing your trip with us