theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   A Few Days In Prague (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=764750)

Stu 15 Jan 14 12:11 PM

A Few Days In Prague

I was in Prague last week and thought I'd share some of the pictures taken during the trip.
These photos were all taken on my iPhone so may not be the best, but for those that haven't been to this beautiful city it will give you a glimpse of some of the wonderful architecture.

We were expecting it to be snowing but unusually for this time of year it was dry and overcast most of the days with the sun occasionally breaking through.

A view from the Astronomical clock tower looking over the old town square towards our hotel, we were staying in the Ventana hotel just off the square, it the one set back slightly middle right of this photo.
If you are planning a trip to Prague, then I can highly recommend this hotel, it is 5* very friendly and the location couldn't be any better.

The Astronomical Clock

Charles bridge

Prague Castle and Cathedral

dogken 15 Jan 14 12:36 PM

Love Prague, We've been to Krakow the past 2 trips but I feel a Prague trip coming now I look at your pics...

app 15 Jan 14 12:49 PM

New Photo Added by Stu - 15 Jan 14 11:49 AM.

Dory54 15 Jan 14 12:55 PM

One of my favourite cities :) We stayed in the Monastery above the Castle. Walked down into the city and took the tram back up. Lovely photos, would love to go back for the Christmas Market :)

Stu 15 Jan 14 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogken (Post 9241848)
Love Prague, We've been to Krakow the past 2 trips but I feel a Prague trip coming now I look at your pics...

I have been to Krakow and absolutely loved it, this was my first time to Prague and I'm sure it won't be my last, it is such a beautiful city with a very chequered history behind it.

dismadbrit 15 Jan 14 01:17 PM

Love this city, we went when it was thick snow and it was magical, with all the little cafes and street vendors, great restaurants too.
Our hotel had an indoor rooftop spa that you could book out fora couple of hours, fab time sat in the hot tub looking at the falling snow through the glass roof

Fieryannie 17 Jan 14 03:46 PM

Such a beautiful city, stunning pics... :)

xxx

anniee 17 Jan 14 03:55 PM

Fab pics. I have just won a trip with work, going on the 6th June. We are staying at the Hilton Old Town.

wanye 17 Jan 14 04:06 PM

love prague. not been for coming up to 10 years though (actually, just googled. its 10 years in may, we went the week after they joined the EU!), whats the beer prices like nowadays in the "local" bars?

we stayed in a nice but relatively dingy hotel on wenceslas square. the mini bar had bottles of "champagne" for what equated to about 3 quid a bottle :)

spent most of our time in the charles bridge area. beautiful beautiful city. spent most of my time wandering round just looking upwards!

thinking about a return trip sometime later this year if i can find cheap flights...

Stu 17 Jan 14 04:55 PM

General price for a beer from a bar/restaurant was 35 - 50Kc about £1 to £1.50.