theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   The Clarion at LBV give me honest opinions (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133883)

JudyC 21 Jun 19 08:03 AM

The Clarion at LBV give me honest opinions

I've just paid a £15 deposit with Travel Zoo for the Clarion at LBV from end of April next year. It's only £450 for two adults, 9 nights., £50 per night seems amazingly cheap!
DH and I agreed on a cheapie few days doing just Hollywood studio's for one day. We've stayed at the Home wood suites on I drive once, but apart from that on site or in a villa. Going to manage expectations for a budget hotel, but had anyone any opinions or can recommend what room to request if that's possible.

braby 21 Jun 19 09:00 AM

We've stayed a few times at the Clarion, not for a few years though, we always found it pleasent and the location suited us, we never spend a lot of time in the hotel, just see it as a bed for the night.
As for expectations we always found it clean and have never had any issues with noise, yes you can get children running down outside corridors but you can get that at any hotel, we always ask for the top floor, at least then it minimizes the risk of hearing people above you.
We found the facilites OK, never used the resturant though, it's not to far to walk to local resturants.
Would stay there again.

robbo21982 21 Jun 19 09:49 AM

We stayed here last August and would say it is a decent budget hotel. Location wise, it's 5-10 mins max from the edge of Disney property and has plenty of restaurants and fast food type places within a 2-5 min drive. Not too far to Premium outlets and Universal either. Rooms are typical basic motel rooms - clean with comfy beds. Housekeeping were great. We had room 1111 (ground floor) which faced the car park and was really convenient when going out or coming back. Only minor issue was that there was occasionally a pick up/drop off for a coach just outside the room but as we were up and getting ready it didn't matter. Could be a problem if you wanted a lie in though. Pool was close and also very clean. Pool was also room card controlled and would only allow access during pool opening times and towels were provided too. Didn't use the restaurant so can't comment on that.
We've actually booked again for October for 11 nights and also next August too.

Guest 21 Jun 19 10:03 AM

We'll you know my thoughts on it Judy😁Honestly, it's a fab so called budget hotel, I'll quite happily keep going to it when I want a bargain holiday.Location is great for getting around easily without hiring a car.. loads of good restaurants to walk to, including the newly opened Manny's..when are you going? xx

bonnies mum 21 Jun 19 10:03 AM

3 years ago we needed a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise and 3 nights after it.
We considered the Clarion for both as it was such a good deal. We ended up only booking for the 2 nights at start of holiday.
DH & I both agreed that had we booked it for post cruise, we would have written off the cost of the booking not gone back.
Our room was really dingy and the breakfast area was noisy and messy.
I know it is a popular hotel & agree location is good and grounds are nice, just definitely not for us.

JudgeJ26 21 Jun 19 10:20 AM

We have stayed there twice and loved it. Friendly staff, basic but nice room and fantastic location.

Guest 21 Jun 19 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonnies mum (Post 13913512)
3 years ago we needed a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise and 3 nights after it.
We considered the Clarion for both as it was such a good deal. We ended up only booking for the 2 nights at start of holiday.
DH & I both agreed that had we booked it for post cruise, we would have written off the cost of the booking not gone back.
Our room was really dingy and the breakfast area was noisy and messy.
I know it is a popular hotel & agree location is good and grounds are nice, just definitely not for us.

I definitely wouldn't do breakfast though as there are so many other choices nearby..roomwise,I don't rate many of the Disney rooms we've stayed in any better to be honest...our room last month.

JudyC 21 Jun 19 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma (Post 13913511)
We'll you know my thoughts on it Judy😁Honestly, it's a fab so called budget hotel, I'll quite happily keep going to it when I want a bargain holiday.Location is great for getting around easily without hiring a car.. loads of good restaurants to walk to, including the newly opened Manny's..when are you going? xx

Thanks Linda 😁 I didn't want to mither you on your holiday. I hope we can make it work with our leave, I'm already getting carried away with planning!

Quensabob 21 Jun 19 06:17 PM

We stayed last September and also stayed there in 2015, we like it, lovely and clean, basic but thats not and issue, great staff and so close to Disney!

taffs travels 21 Jun 19 06:52 PM

we always stay in the Clarion, at least 10 times in the past 7 years. It is clean, safe and a great location. In all those times we have never eaten there as there are much better choices within a stones throw. They had a refurb this year so all the bathrooms have been redone. It depends on your expectations really. Its not a resort or themed but we love it there :grin: