theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General DVC Discussion (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Treehouse villas at Saratoga springs resort (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133747)

Talland 2016 20 Jun 19 12:12 AM

Treehouse villas at Saratoga springs resort

Saratoga is my home resort which I love & have stayed in studio, 1 & 2 bedroom villas over the years
We are in the process of planning a future trip with my brother, sister in law & nephew,and are considering staying in the treehouse villas as bedroom layout may be better than a 2 bedroom so all groups can have own sleeping areas
Possible grouping would be
Me
Brother SIL and nephew
Son & Partner ( happy to use bunks if needed)
Daughter & Partner

We've already decided that each group would have own itinerary & meet up for certain activities rather than everyone having to do every thing

Has anyone stayed there and what do you think of the set up?

Lizzim 20 Jun 19 08:28 AM

We stayed in a treehouse a few years ago (2013) and loved it. I did a trip report (linked in signature), but you do need a car as the buses are a pain.

Saratoska 20 Jun 19 09:03 AM

I don't think there would be enough room as the 3rd bedroom is bunk beds

we thought about it couple of times for when my son an family come but we always just get them there own space

I always feel it more about the room layouts rather than beds if that makes sense

Talland 2016 20 Jun 19 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saratoska (Post 13911567)
I don't think there would be enough room as the 3rd bedroom is bunk beds

we thought about it couple of times for when my son an family come but we always just get them there own space

I always feel it more about the room layouts rather than beds if that makes sense

Thanks for the comments
Trip won’t be until 2021 so a lot may change before then
I was also looking at 2 bedroom lock off but the 2 bedrooms meant different families sharing rooms which wasn’t ideal
Daughter & partner may or may not be coming
Probably wouldn’t have a car which is another concern re buses
Is it a shuttle bus from Saratoga or its own service?

Lizzim 20 Jun 19 02:53 PM

For buses, you have to catch a shuttle (or walk) over to Saratoga and then get the bus from there.

PoohBears#1fan 20 Jun 19 06:45 PM

We spent a couple of weeks in the THVs in 2016 and absolutely loved them, they're like marmite though, they're very quiet and isolated which was perfect for us, but what puts people off them.

I'm not sure I'd want to squeeze that many people into them to be honest, one thing to bear in mind also is that the bunk beds aren't that long, DS was 13 at the time and already getting too tall for them, he's 5'11" tall now and I wouldn't ask him to stay in them again.

I do also think a car is a must for them, we did get the bus from SSR once to a park, didn't do it again, it took such a long time.

If they do end up working for you though, then I can't rave about them enough, we're back next year with another family and I wouldn't consider putting us all into one though I'm afraid.

Talland 2016 20 Jun 19 07:19 PM

Hi thanks for the replies
I have 250 points a year so would be looking at banking 2020 using 2021 and borrowing the majority of 2022 for this holiday as villa is 366 per week on 2020 current points chart( which I’m aware may change)
I haven’t enough points for a 3 bedroom villa
I love a 2 bedroom but unfortunately that won’t work with the different family groups going

zavandor 20 Jun 19 07:30 PM

It seems I cannot post links. Disney Tourist Blog published a great review of the THV, google "Disney Tourist Blog Tree House Villas Review" and it's the first result.

YorkshireT 20 Jun 19 07:32 PM

Loads of walkthroughs on Youtube- Even Tim Tracker did one once.

Saratoska 20 Jun 19 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 (Post 13912590)
Hi thanks for the replies
I have 250 points a year so would be looking at banking 2020 using 2021 and borrowing the majority of 2022 for this holiday as villa is 366 per week on 2020 current points chart( which I’m aware may change)
I haven’t enough points for a 3 bedroom villa
I love a 2 bedroom but unfortunately that won’t work with the different family groups going

We have stayed in a GV and to be honest albeit they are lovely you would get more for your points and the same beds plus privacy booking individual accommodation