theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Thomas cook cancellation fuming! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1085179)

Fraggle35 14 Jun 18 08:01 PM

Thomas cook cancellation fuming!

Firstly let me say I was not originally mad with today's cancellation of the 10.25am flight to JFK from Manchester, these things are out of people's control and we didn't scream or throw tantrums. My daughter is off to Camp America today and when we eventually heard that the flight was definitely not happening she was booked onto tomorrows flight and told to book a hotel so happy. I came home. 15 minutes later she phoned to say that TC were shipping 120 passengers down to Heathrow where they had a plane on standby...ok...no big deal, phone me when you get there.Just had a phone call to say that out of all the C A people transferred, Kate has been missed off and there is no seat for her, even though her name was in the middle of the group of kids jetting out. Just had that horrendous call with her in hysterics, on her own with no-one around to help. She has spoken to the check in people who said they can't hold the plane and she has been on hold to TC for 40 mins trying to get through. Even the representative at Virgin and other carriers are trying for her but no body seems to be able to contact TC to sort it out. So I now have a very scared teen on her own several hundred miles away from home and I'm sitting here really stressing for her. iI have said I'll drive through the night to get to her but she wants me to wait to see if anything can be sorted... HELP!

toonarmani 14 Jun 18 08:12 PM

Try social media and give them grief !

Infinity Red 14 Jun 18 08:20 PM

That's awful, I'd be going mad if it was my daughter, can she check into a hotel at the airport and get the flight from there tomorrow ? Though some hotels have a minimum age check in, TC will have to help ! Hope you get something sorted.

Guest 14 Jun 18 08:22 PM

Maybe things happen for a reason - if she is this distraught at missing a flight and being alone in Heathrow (which is in the UK) how would she have handled the responsibility of looking after all those much younger kids in the USA and the homesickness and loneliness that would hit at some point during that long summer

emwratten 14 Jun 18 08:22 PM

Definitely get on Twitter and start bombarding them...

animal 1970 14 Jun 18 08:23 PM

hope you get it all sorted poor girl xx

Jakey Neverland 14 Jun 18 08:31 PM

Gosh this is awful, I really hope someone is there to help her now.

disneymummy 14 Jun 18 08:31 PM

Tweet them, keep us updated.

Fraggle35 14 Jun 18 08:31 PM

Lovely, Florida visitor, we have been at the airport since 6am this morning and she has had a resolution to the problem, then cancelled, then shipped down to London, then abandoned and now is just feeling very, very angry at the competencies of big companies. I think most adults would be at the end of their thether by all the cock ups today...a little harsh. She is very able to sort things out but when you can't get through to a 24hr phone customer service to confirm she can book a hotel and that she will actually be on a flight tomorrow, you can understand why she had a bit of a meltdown!

Mr Tom Morrow 14 Jun 18 08:36 PM

OP. So sorry to hear this, terrible customer service by Thomas Cook.
I hope your Daughter gets sorted. As a parent I would be ripping somebody a new ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈. Doesn't surprise me as soon as I saw it was TC.