theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Disney to Expand Early Morning Magic (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1101525)

Stu 26 Sep 18 02:46 PM

Disney to Expand Early Morning Magic

1 Attachment(s)
inline imageStarting on 2nd Dec, Early Morning Magic will be bigger and better than ever!

The number of attractions available for you to experience will double, with returning favourites Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, as well as attractions new to the event – Princess Fairytale Hall, "it’s a small world", Mad Tea Party, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid.

The morning also includes scrumptious breakfast at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe that comes with cheese and cured meats, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, pancakes and more. Breakfast runs from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., and exclusive event-only access to the attractions lasts from 7:45 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

This newly expanded Early Morning Magic will take place select Tuesdays and Sundays and will cost $79 for adults and $69 for children (regular theme park admission is also required). Admission will be limited, so be sure to book your reservation as soon as possible!

Robblps 27 Sep 18 10:04 AM

Honeslty, this is only for the rich it seems ! Cant see an average family of 4 doing this

disney332 27 Sep 18 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robblps (Post 13509423)
Honeslty, this is only for the rich it seems ! Cant see an average family of 4 doing this

You have to remember that Disney is a business !

Looks good and a chance to mooch about without the crowds.

Disney332

Robblps 27 Sep 18 10:56 AM

I dont know see. $79 is very steep and you have to pay for a park ticket aswell. I dont know, but I do know... its not for me

dismadbrit 27 Sep 18 11:20 AM

Just under $300 extra for a family of four for a days early admission ? WOW

Chunky81 27 Sep 18 11:29 AM

Don’t forget you get breakfast too! , or will that be extra! 😬

neatfrk 27 Sep 18 11:53 AM

I don't see this as much of an expansion or upgrade.

I did EMM twice last trip (it was just my son and I so relatively cheap way to avoid rope drop - no way I would fork over the cash for the whole family). Tea Cups was already open (I heard before going that was often the case)... and let's be honest - how many guests paying extra to access the most popular rides are actually going to go on IASW before the park opens? That would be a huge time drain even as a walk on.

Breakfast used to be served in Pinocchio Village Haus, which was centrally located to both SDMT and PP - the two attractions that people are using EMM for. Location-wise switching to Cosmic Rays is an inconvenient downgrade in my view. May seem like a small detail - but when paying that much for early access... every minute counts.

Despite the addition of Little Mermaid, Tea Cups and IASW - 99% of the EMM guests are still going to focus primarily on PP and SDMT. So Disney added a few attractions that most guests won't bother to visit during EMM, and moved the breakfast farther away. I don't see anything here that qualifies as an improvement.

Mexy02 27 Sep 18 12:02 PM

For anyone you doubting this it really is worth every penny .we were a family of 5 in case you wondered and everyone got value from it and raved about it afterwards . A bog breakfast is around $25 each and you get a lot more choice with this , plus you get into the park and ride everything available . We did mine train 10 times and the kids loved it . There are very few people who do this (we counted about 30 ) so you basically have the area to yourself . We did they rides up to 9 am then went across to sis e and were first in the queue then went for breakfast . I can see why they have moved it as most people eat after 9am and move to other areas of the park . Just my opinion .

neatfrk 27 Sep 18 12:13 PM

One thought occurred to me - Disney added a few more attractions (whether or not they are used is of little consequence...they are offered) and spread EMM out to a larger portion of the parks.

The result... they can sell more tickets and still tag it as an 'exclusive & limited' hard ticket event. Makes sense. Increase the park space and open attractions = increase in tickets sold for the event.

gillh 27 Sep 18 12:58 PM

We did this in 2016 and thought it was worth it. There was 7 of us, 4 adults and 3 kids, to see the kids faces running off of mine train then straight back on again made it worth it for that alone. As well as the other rides the breakfast wasn’t bad either. You can just pop in for a coffee and a pastry and then go back again for whatever else you fancy after doing a few more rides. We are doing this again in a few weeks with my daughter and her family, for 2 of her children this will be their first time to Disney and first Magic Kingdom day, I can’t wait to see their faces!