theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Morimoto Asia and the DDP (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1157662)

BaconAndAvocado 14 Jan 20 12:19 PM

Morimoto Asia and the DDP

Just been having at a look at their menu and whilst it looks fantastic, I'm not clear on how using Dining Plan credits would work as its not a regular starter, main and dessert place.

Any idea?

Guest 14 Jan 20 03:26 PM

Thee are a few places that I have no clue how the dining plan could possibly work and this is one of them. I only go if paying OOP. But I hope you get your answer, it would be interesting to know.

DisneyDaft88 14 Jan 20 04:21 PM

Talking from past experience so it may have changed...

We went to Morimoto Asia last November and it was 2TS, it was pretty restrictive as to what you could chose off the menu i.e no sushi,rolls, sashimi, Dim Sum etc.
If you look on the menu on My Disney Experience, as far as I remember your options started at the Noodles and rice section but that’s not for certain and may have changed.

So basically you could choose one of the mains and a dessert for your 2 credits each

I’m sure if this has changed someone will correct me 🙂

I would say we both enjoyed the meal but I’ve definitely had better 2TS credit meals, i also didn’t choose savvy enough to get the most out of my 2credits which was my own fault!

EDIT: I’ve just noticed you’re on the DxDDP while we were on DDP so your options may be different

BaconAndAvocado 14 Jan 20 05:33 PM

Hmm... not sure about this. I don't want to get there having paid for the Deluxe plan and find that we can't have what we want.

sbchannel 14 Jan 20 09:47 PM

Ooooh I assumed we would be able to order the duck on our DxDDP so I will be gutted if we can’t... that’s what I am going for!

Elodie 14 Jan 20 10:21 PM

I looked this up for DH as he’s planning to use a credit to dine there one lunchtime. He won’t get the appetiser as I’ve finally convinced him not to upgrade to the DxDDP😁 but this is what I found:

Appetizer
Any one of:
Small Plates, Dim Sum, Sushi Rolls, cup of Soup (Miso or Hot & Sour)

Entrées
Either:
* two Sushi Rolls
* two Dim Sum
* two Small Plates
* one Entrée Salad
* one selection from Meat + Poultry, Noodles + Rice, Half-Rack Morimoto Spare Ribs, Fish or Vegetables sections of the menu.

Peking Duck - four meal entitlements will be taken for a whole duck served for two dinner guests.

BaconAndAvocado 15 Jan 20 04:13 PM

Thanks Elodie that's really helpful :)

IANF 19 Jan 20 03:48 PM

Just back on Friday from a wonderful 14 night stay and ate here twice on the DDP (one QS outside at the street food stand and once inside using TS credits...you can order any one main dish and a desert but the dishes are fairly large so the 3 of us ordered 1 x beef noodles/1 x special fried rice dish/1 x large portion of ribs and split the 3 between us.
The only mains that couldn’t be ordered were the Wagyu steak and the Chinese style Filet steak which were an extra cost, food was lovely (the ribs are the best I’ve had).
This is a 2 x credit pp restaurant but if you eat there for lunch rather than dinner it’s only 1 x credit per person for pretty much the same menu!
Re the duck, we ordered this last year and wasn’t served how we expected, not the same as how peking duck is served in the UK, it’s actually slices of duck served on a platter, excellent quality duck but was very expensive and not really for us(not a lover of duck dishes other than Crispy peking Duck in the UK )
Hope this helps 😀

BaconAndAvocado 19 Jan 20 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IANF (Post 14248566)
Just back on Friday from a wonderful 14 night stay and ate here twice on the DDP (one QS outside at the street food stand and once inside using TS credits...you can order any one main dish and a desert but the dishes are fairly large so the 3 of us ordered 1 x beef noodles/1 x special fried rice dish/1 x large portion of ribs and split the 3 between us.
The only mains that couldn’t be ordered were the Wagyu steak and the Chinese style Filet steak which were an extra cost, food was lovely (the ribs are the best I’ve had).
This is a 2 x credit pp restaurant but if you eat there for lunch rather than dinner it’s only 1 x credit per person for pretty much the same menu!
Re the duck, we ordered this last year and wasn’t served how we expected, not the same as how peking duck is served in the UK, it’s actually slices of duck served on a platter, excellent quality duck but was very expensive and not really for us(not a lover of duck dishes other than Crispy peking Duck in the UK )
Hope this helps 😀

Ah, interesting re the duck as that's what we'd have been expecting - pancakes, soy sauce, spring onion etc.

IANF 19 Jan 20 07:32 PM

You still get the pancakes (albeit slightly thicker), the plum sauce and the cucumber/spring onions but the duck is completely different, think lots of slices of duck breast, not shredded and no crispy bits