theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   Tokyo Disney & Cruise or not? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1125691)

mermaids1960 26 Apr 19 09:17 AM

Tokyo Disney & Cruise or not?

:wave: I would really really love to see Disney in Tokyo, however wouldn’t know where and when to start, we do like cruising is there any cruises that might let us visit or even stay over before a return home journey, big ask I know but Dibbers are a knowledgable group, failing that what do most people plan if travelling to Japan :)

AntonyJ 26 Apr 19 10:09 AM

Hello :)

Have you thoughts what you want to do in Tokyo, or is your interest in visiting solely for the Disney?

My own trip is 2 days next to Disney, then move for 7 nights into Tokyo itself - we want to wander around the modern city, but are not that interested in seeing the old Japan things like the temples etc. Some shopping to be done too (blush) lol .

Many people like to do 2 days in each part (if not more) but I am not THAT fussed about going on everything in Tokyo Disneyland - I want to experience it. DisneySea I want to do most in as it is only one in world.

So, my advise would be to think about when you want to visit.
I chose early / middle May after Golden Week - which is a series of public holidays and generally thought to be the worst time to visit as everyone if off on holiday and trains, the parks are mobbed. also I hope the weather will be warm but not boiling hot - summers have heat , humidity and lots of rain!

So, that help?
Any idea what you want to do there, is it just Disney?

mermaids1960 26 Apr 19 03:10 PM

Thank you, my DH fancies Mount Fuji and maybe hiroshima and nagasakia, me I just want Disney :d:

kk20 29 Apr 19 04:01 PM

the bullet train is fast and efficient. would you be cruising into Japan and flying out again or cruise to Japan as a stopover? What is stopping you flying out from a different airport? That way you can visit multiple centers. Fuji San is a couple of hours from tokyo, then a couple of hours to Kyoto or Osaka, then a couple of hours to Hiroshima.

2point 22 May 19 03:16 PM

We have looked at the Norwegian Cruise Line itinerary that sails from Singapore to Tokyo, stopping overnight at Hong Kong and Shanghai.

16 nights in April 2020. We can't do that date but I'm waiting on schedule for 2021, hoping they do the same.

We'd fly to Singapore for a couple of days, cruise then have a week in Tokyo, so looking around 25 to 26 days, work permitting.

mermaids1960 26 May 19 07:47 AM

Hi we have booked Oct 2020 with celebrity, just really wanted to see Disney in Tokyo 😀 however the cruise does stop off in Korea one day, I’m so excited and nervous I’m normally a USA Disney person with the odd trip to Paris so a big adventure for us 😊

THE WIZARD 26 May 19 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mermaids1960 (Post 13866373)
Hi we have booked Oct 2020 with celebrity, just really wanted to see Disney in Tokyo 😀 however the cruise does stop off in Korea one day, I’m so excited and nervous I’m normally a USA Disney person with the odd trip to Paris so a big adventure for us 😊

Ignore my request for info on your cruise line in another thread Vivenne, just spotted this thread n you say Celebrity Cruise line so I will check that out :grin:

mermaids1960 26 May 19 08:40 AM

I’ve just posted the itinerary 👍😊 hey hope to see you on it 😀

THE WIZARD 26 May 19 08:44 AM

Thank you I will go back to other thread & check.

dee slack 26 May 19 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2point (Post 13859671)
We have looked at the Norwegian Cruise Line itinerary that sails from Singapore to Tokyo, stopping overnight at Hong Kong and Shanghai.

16 nights in April 2020. We can't do that date but I'm waiting on schedule for 2021, hoping they do the same.

We'd fly to Singapore for a couple of days, cruise then have a week in Tokyo, so looking around 25 to 26 days, work permitting.

you could visit all the Asian Disney parks during your port visits! We flew to them but my dream would be to do them again on a cruise (especially Disney cruise! ) and you could also visit Universal at Singapore (and have breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore zoo! We like NCL so hope your itinerary comes out for your dates, sounds a great cruise.