theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Payslip help - what does H work travel mean? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158987)

donna252 25 Jan 20 12:30 PM

Payslip help - what does H work travel mean?

Partner got payslip through post today with a significant H work travel payment on. No ideas what this is or if it’s in error and google isn’t helping. He can’t ring payroll until Monday. Anyone throw any light on what it is?

Guest 25 Jan 20 12:44 PM

I can honestly say that is a new one on me and google does not reveal anything when I search on “H work travel payment”. :confused2

Can you provide more information. What exactly does it say, is it a payment or a deduction, has tax been applied?

Has he had to travel for work beyond his normal commute and outside his normal hours?

Has he claimed any travel expenses?

donna252 25 Jan 20 01:22 PM

Payslip has notional pay on first line under payments then H- work travel on second line that’s all it says. They have taken tax off it deduction side shows a much higher PAYE than usual. He does claim mileage but this is done completely separate and gets the money back as a separate payment to his wage.
I’m very confused by it but would love to think it’s ours and not an error we have to pay back 🙈

Tinkerbell 1 25 Jan 20 01:40 PM

Is he a home worker. My payments are made via expenses but some payments also need to go through the payslip so they are taxed. Employer increase the gross payment to cover tax.

Tinkerbell 1 25 Jan 20 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donna252 (Post 14257532)
Payslip has notional pay on first line under payments then H- work travel on second line that’s all it says. They have taken tax off it deduction side shows a much higher PAYE than usual. He does claim mileage but this is done completely separate and gets the money back as a separate payment to his wage.
I’m very confused by it but would love to think it’s ours and not an error we have to pay back 🙈

Sorry should have read this post. See my reply above. Employer have to pay tax on this hence it goes via your payslip but should not impact you.

Guest 25 Jan 20 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donna252 (Post 14257532)

Are they a small employer? Or a new employer? Has he moved to a different legal entity?

I don’t know if this is what it is, but technically expenses are supposed to be paid via payroll be added onto salary and then tax adjusted so that people are not penalised for expense payments.

However, in reality employers would usually apply for an exemption to this process so that they can keep expense payments totally out of the payroll and tax systems.

I was wondering if this was something like that, but obviously if he has claimed before and never seen this, suggests something must have changed. Is there anything you can think of?

Failing that, he is just going to have to ask. :)

donna252 25 Jan 20 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 (Post 14257559)
Sorry should have read this post. See my reply above. Employer have to pay tax on this hence it goes via your payslip but should not impact you.

He’s still come out with over £2000 more than usual once they’ve taken then tax off the payment so it has made a big difference to his pay. I’m just hoping it’s something he’s meant to have and not a mistake so I can start spending it 😂🙈

Guest 25 Jan 20 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donna252 (Post 14257585)
He’s still come out with over £2000 more than usual once they’ve taken then tax off the payment so it has made a big difference to his pay. I’m just hoping it’s something he’s meant to have and not a mistake so I can start spending it 😂🙈

I would think he would know if he was due an extra £2000 unfortunately. Does that bear any resemblance to his last mileage claim and has the mileage claim been processed as well?

donna252 25 Jan 20 02:23 PM

He’s going to ask on Monday it’s just annoying his pay slip has come on a Saturday morning and have to wait 2 days to enquire was hoping it was something overs had heard of or experienced.

Still had mileage processed and paid as usual. This is an additional payment we’ve never seen or heard of before and can’t seen to find anything about it anywhere or what the term means.

He works for a large nationwide company not a small independent firm and his role hasn’t changed in last five years.

donna252 25 Jan 20 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claudette (Post 14257593)
I would think he would know if he was due an extra £2000 unfortunately. Does that bear any resemblance to his last mileage claim and has the mileage claim been processed as well?

That was our thoughts but we can always hope 😂