theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Car Hire & Transportation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=226)
-   -   Avis Preferred - which website? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1161362)

Rac20 15 Feb 20 06:50 PM

Avis Preferred - which website?

Hello!
I’ve signed up to Avis preferred today and got a code. Which is 6 digits and a combination of letters/numbers. Does that seem right?

There seems to be a few different Avis preferred websites and the one I went through is different to the link on the BA one. I tried signing in with my details on that one (the BA one) and it wouldn’t accept them. So I tried setting up a new preferred account on that website and it said system error and wouldn’t let me.

And now I’m just all confused.🙈

Now if I’ve done it right, I need to ring BA do I? And give them this number?

Thank you. Hope that makes sense.

Seve7n 15 Feb 20 09:01 PM

Pretty sure I struggled to log in etc

I emailed Avis with my BA reference , date of travel blah blah and the reference Avis provided.

They got back to me within a couple of days.

My customer number is 6 digits with a mix of numbers and letters.

Rac20 15 Feb 20 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seve7n (Post 14289762)
Pretty sure I struggled to log in etc

I emailed Avis with my BA reference , date of travel blah blah and the reference Avis provided.

They got back to me within a couple of days.

My customer number is 6 digits with a mix of numbers and letters.

So maybe the number I have is ok. I think I need to ring BA and give them the number. I’ll give them a call this week and see if that’s what I have to do.
Thanks for replying.

Seve7n 16 Feb 20 12:17 AM

Or try the Avis preferred app and contact Avis through that. From memory , you Should only need to create an account through the app and then ur be able to use the app to communicate with them.

leee 16 Feb 20 01:07 PM

Linked mine through the app. On the laptop it wouldn't stay as a booking but when I found the booking on the app it then stayed there.

Rac20 16 Feb 20 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leee (Post 14290560)
Linked mine through the app. On the laptop it wouldn't stay as a booking but when I found the booking on the app it then stayed there.

Did you book via Avis? Or with BA?

Rac20 16 Feb 20 02:55 PM

So I’ve downloaded the app but it won’t accept my booking number- it says cant process your request, please try later. Think I might need to ring BA and link it that way.

leee 16 Feb 20 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 14290570)
Did you book via Avis? Or with BA?

Fly drive with BA.

I'm using an iPhone, downloaded the Avis Car Hire app.

Using the laptop I created an Avis account, then logged into the Avis app. Click through to manage reservations, select upcomimg, then at the bottom it says "Can't find your reservation? >" touch this statement then enter the details its asking for.

Try that, then when you log back in on the laptop it was there too.

My reference number goes like ####-####-GB-#

Seve7n 16 Feb 20 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rac20 (Post 14290688)
So I’ve downloaded the app but it won’t accept my booking number- it says cant process your request, please try later. Think I might need to ring BA and link it that way.

You may find BA take ages to reply, Only in my experiences, in fact I’m still waiting for a reply about an upgrade for car hire, it’s been 5 days and no reply.

Unless you can call them and speak to an advisor today, I definitely would email Avis. On both occasions they emailed back in a day. Very quick response !

Rac20 16 Feb 20 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leee (Post 14290775)
Fly drive with BA.

I'm using an iPhone, downloaded the Avis Car Hire app.

Using the laptop I created an Avis account, then logged into the Avis app. Click through to manage reservations, select upcomimg, then at the bottom it says "Can't find your reservation? >" touch this statement then enter the details its asking for.

Try that, then when you log back in on the laptop it was there too.

My reference number goes like ####-####-GB-#

Thanks. That’s what I did but i got the error message. Maybe they just are having issues. I’ll do what it says and try again later.☺️