theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Rough guess on price please (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1158503)

yogadeb 21 Jan 20 12:07 PM

Rough guess on price please

Ok so we was supposed to be having a cheaper holiday in turkey next year to save money as we wasn’t going back till 2022 , but it’s hubbys 50th and we are considering another trip back next summer but it’s been a few years since we been so I’m out of touch on stuff .

How much do you think we will pay in the kids summer holidays for a week in port Orleans and a week at royal Pacific , with direct PE flights with virgin please ?

We are 2 adults and a kid age 11

I know it’s hard to say but what do you reckon? I’m thinking can we do this for about 6500-7k?
Any tips greatfully recieved ;)

Th1nkT1nk 21 Jan 20 12:20 PM

I’d say more than that unfortunately.. Just to give you an idea, we are paying about that (probably a bit more actually) for 2A and 1C this August. Direct flights Manchester to MCO 2 nights Endless Summer, 1 night RPR , 11 nights CBR, free dining upgraded to ddp. About £2000 of that is tickets. I looked out of interest the other day and if I booked similar now it would be about £1500- £2000 more! To be fair I have booked as a package so if I’d sourced my own flights it could have been less I guess, but we did feel we got a good price at the time in comparison to other packages on offer.
ETA Those flights are Virgin Economy btw.

yogadeb 21 Jan 20 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk (Post 14251367)
I’d say more than that unfortunately.. Just to give you an idea, we are paying about that (probably a bit more actually) for 2A and 1C this August. Direct flights Manchester to MCO 2 nights Endless Summer, 1 night RPR , 11 nights CBR, free dining upgraded to ddp. About £2000 of that is tickets. I looked out of interest the other day and if I booked similar now it would be about £1500- £2000 more! To be fair I have booked as a package so if I’d sourced my own flights it could have been less I guess, but we did feel we got a good price at the time in comparison to other packages on offer.
ETA Those flights are Virgin Economy btw.

Thank you for replying , I know I’m hopeful . Have got a lot of air miles but not sure if it’s still as easy to bag reward seats in holidays .

We will see if not it’s turkey after all I think which will be ok too.
Thanks again

yogadeb 21 Jan 20 12:27 PM

We allways book separate usually and have found in past it’s cheaper .
But things change .

Shooby doo 21 Jan 20 12:49 PM

I think your total is ok IF it doesn't include spends, I'm also assuming park passes at both Disney & Universal? Whilst Disney have always been high, Universal's shot up a few years back so whilst still a lot cheaper than Disney .. Airport can make a lot of difference as I've always found Virgin from either Man or Glasgow to be really expensive but you don't state where from?
If you do a dummy booking just on Disney for 2 weeks, this summer, incl Virgin flights POR (preferred so would be slightly less if standard are available) is coming in at £5900 but you stated PE plus Universal tickets I reckon you are over £7k before you have spending money!
TBH IMO the days of a "cheap" Orlando holiday are gone, also food costs have risen , not helped by the poor exchange rate, but you are definitely spending the same or more than you would at home, more so onsite at Disney !
SD:d:

Mr Tom Morrow 21 Jan 20 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yogadeb (Post 14251372)
Thank you for replying , I know I’m hopeful . Have got a lot of air miles but not sure if it’s still as easy to bag reward seats in holidays .

We will see if not it’s turkey after all I think which will be ok too.
Thanks again

Hi. Long time no speak!

Miles flights from LGW for PE and UC this year have been dire sadly

We are carrying a lot of Miles so for 2021 for at least 2 of our trips we are doing LHR to Miami to guarantee we can use them. That route has constant availability.

yogadeb 21 Jan 20 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooby doo (Post 14251409)
I think your total is ok IF it doesn't include spends, I'm also assuming park passes at both Disney & Universal? Whilst Disney have always been high, Universal's shot up a few years back so whilst still a lot cheaper than Disney .. Airport can make a lot of difference as I've always found Virgin from either Man or Glasgow to be really expensive but you don't state where from?
If you do a dummy booking just on Disney for 2 weeks, this summer, incl Virgin flights POR (preferred so would be slightly less if standard are available) is coming in at £5900 but you stated PE plus Universal tickets I reckon you are over £7k before you have spending money!
TBH IMO the days of a "cheap" Orlando holiday are gone, also food costs have risen , not helped by the poor exchange rate, but you are definitely spending the same or more than you would at home, more so onsite at Disney !
SD:d:

Thank you

Yeah my hopeful estimate is without spends but with tickets

Were flying from London

Shani 21 Jan 20 01:04 PM

I think that's a really ambitious target, if you break it down, even based on this year's prices.

Totally off the top of my head:

POR - £300 a night = £2100
RPR - £300 a night - £2100
Disney tickets £429 pp = £1287
Universal tickets £840

= £6327

Then you need flights on top, and in August, for economy, you're looking at best case scenario £800 pp direct.

If you're prepared to make compromises in flight class and accommodation, I'm sure you could easily do it within budget, but I don't think you can tick ever box on your list within your hoped for budget unfortunately.

yogadeb 21 Jan 20 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow (Post 14251427)
Hi. Long time no speak!

Miles flights from LGW for PE and UC this year have been dire sadly

We are carrying a lot of Miles so for 2021 for at least 2 of our trips we are doing LHR to Miami to guarantee we can use them. That route has constant availability.

Hey ! Hope your well !

I might look at Miami then but we don’t drive abroad so unsure how far Miami is from Orlando ?

I feel like a newbie 😂

Chunky Peanut 21 Jan 20 01:13 PM

If you have a lot of virgin miles you can get very cheap flights from Gatwick to Boston - was coming in at 250 in taxes and 150k miles for 2 adults 1 child in economy in august (was loads of availability - its a new route on a delta plane) - would then need flights to/from Boston.