theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   WDW With A British Accent - Day 10 Quiet Day With Le Cellier Dinner (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=749586)

Stu 14 Oct 13 01:32 AM

WDW With A British Accent - Day 10 Quiet Day With Le Cellier Dinner

We had a restful day today with Le Cellier booked for early Dinner.

After a well deserved lie in we took a drive around the area and filled the car up then headed back to CSR to catch the Disney Bus to EPCOT, don't want to drive as too many wine and beer stands to tempt me :-)

The Scotland Festival Stand

EPCOT is a lot quieter today, the only festival food stand to have a large queue was Belgium, not sure what makes Belgium so popular but was certainly drawing in the crowd.

We are a little early for our reservation so take a look around Canada before checking in.

Crowd gathering for Off Kilter

Time to check in for Dinner,
I am looking forward to this to see if things have changed. This is the only Disney Restaurant where I have complained. The last time I ate here was in 2007, I had to send the desserts back as they came out 5 minutes after the entrees, the staff seemed to be overworked or they were just rude. So I am giving the restaurant a second chance.

New York Strip

Fillet Mignon

Blueberry Sorbet

White Chocolate Cheesecake.

Well the restaurant has reprieved itself, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious.
The dining experience was relaxed and very enjoyable, my only criticism is it isn't worth signature restaurant status, it is good but not good enough for it to be 2 TS credits.

Now for some shots around the park.

there's something about Mary

The Manhattan Transfer playing in the Eat to the Beat concert.

Time for a beer, this was beer flight #1 from the Craft Beer stand, Tracy had some wine from the Australia stand.

We did sample Soft Drinks too, Tracy's first taste of 'Beverley', I have a sneaky suspicion it may well be her last, I didn't bother taking a picture of the face she pulled when the flavour (if you can call it flavour) hit her taste buds as I knew full we'll there would be no way she would let me post it :-)

Sun setting over the Disney Bus Station at EPCOT.

app 14 Oct 13 02:20 AM

New Photo Added by Stu - 14 Oct 13 2:20 AM.

mossyflossy 14 Oct 13 12:12 PM

Food and wine looks fab, can't wait to see it in a few weeks time. If you can remember, How much was the beer flight, and how many flight options were there? Were any snack credits? (Live in hope!).

Agree with you on le cellier, it is good but not worth 2 ts. It is a shame they stopped the 1 ts lunch option as that was the perfect compromise.

I can imagine Tracy's face at the Beverley!

clucky1966 14 Oct 13 12:16 PM

Thanks so much for sharing, roll on the 28th for me:grin:

Guest 14 Oct 13 12:22 PM

Great photo's :grin::grin:
I've always been a fan of Le Cellier, but this year we discovered Manny's Chophouse near Haines City and found it much better value for money, the portions are huge and everything is delicious x x

Stu 14 Oct 13 12:54 PM

The Beer Flight was $13 and there was a choice of 2 flights. There may be other flights at different kiosks.

The wine was $4.29 if i remember correctly, you only get a small cup of wine though.

Snack credit can be used at some of the kiosks for the food items. Although Disney has really cut back on what you can get with the snack credits this year, even in the normal shops half the things i use to get are no longer eligible. Candy has to be 4oz or less.

This year it is really noticeable that Disney is tightening things up and cost cutting in many areas.

mossyflossy 14 Oct 13 12:59 PM

That doesn't sound bad value at all, thanks for the info.

Guest 14 Oct 13 01:24 PM

Did trace get to try the flourless chocolate cake I mentioned when I was home over the summer?

Michelle 14 Oct 13 03:31 PM

My favourite was the filet at Le Cellier. Looks like they've changed it since it became a 2 TS restaurant.

Alien 1 Mar 14 11:22 AM

Another great photo report

I have my first Monday as BB in the morning, back to SSR, bus to Epcot and food around the world. Do you think it's too much for one day?

It doesn't look too busy in either.