theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   DIBB Reporter Photo Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   A Southern Adventure August 16th 2018 Day 9 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1095268)

pretty71 17 Aug 18 12:01 AM

A Southern Adventure August 16th 2018 Day 9

August 16th 2018 Day 9

Another glorious morning in Rotonda :) I woke up at 6.30 on the dot and decided to force myself to open my eyes and not waste the day :)

I bounced out of bed and sent Grace to find her Grandparents and give me a bit of space. daddy seemed to be well awake too, this was despite playing musical beds in the night and going to sleep in Grace's bed as he felt he had no room.

The usual routine of tea, coffee and eggs on the lanai started and we were in the pool by 8.30 and were determined to make the most of the lovely weather before the thunderstorms came later.

The plan was to go to Punta Gorda this afternoon/evening and have a walk around the Fishermans Village and find somewhere to eat too. I am looking forward to this as we have not done it before and feel it's definitely something we would enjoy and with the beaches being out of bounds it's as close to water as we are going to get :)

Plenty of pool fun again today, also plenty of eating done by Grace, more fruit and loads of toast at various intervals. I was trying not to eat so much today so I only had some fruit and yoghurt at about 12.30 and that was it! The Cheetos were broken out too but I managed to resist.

Grandad, Daddy and Grace went for another mini walk at about 1pm and I continued to relax and I managed to finish my book :)

Daddy went in to shower a little after 2.30, I was really enjoying the sun and very reluctantly came in at 3.05pm.

As I said we were off to the Fishermans Village and were in the car by 3.40pm and arriving there at 4.30pm. There are loads of little boutique type shops and we managed to resist them as we were starving and wanted to eat first. We ended up in Harpoon Harry's, which is right down the end on the water. A beautiful setting and we could watch the boats coming and going as we ate. The food is in "baskets" and various bits of fish were eaten. I just had an appetiser today 2 large lump crab cake balls with a lovely spicy sauce to dip. I had a few chips from Grace's basket, she had chicken and chips and I have to say that was lovely too!

The bill came to $68.11 and we left very happy people. We looked in a couple of shops on the way out and only got something in the sweet shop! We got some pic and mix taffy, only about $4 worth but Grace liked it so that was good. As we came out, we could smell the rain and yes the heavens were about to open! I gave Daddy the brollie and he went to get the car, in hindsight it would have been better if we had all just made a dash for it as it got worse while we were waiting! We got soaked as it was tipping it down lol.

We were back in the car on the way home, we could see the rain over the bridge and knew we were driving straight in to it...glad I was not driving but my husband did a great job! It didn't stop until we were right up to El Jobean!

We managed to I make it in the door before the heavens opened again on top of us and the thunder and lighting came too with this lot.

The chocolate cake came out again (I have to say it appears to be the never ending chocolate cake!) and ice cream with caramel sauce. I had a peach instead of chocolate cake and it was lovely, the peaches are massive too!

We watched today's Disney offering which is Tangled...one of my favourites :) and then I put Grace to bed.

That's where we are now, it's still raining but we are still going out under the lanai :)
A lovely day today with gorgeous weather, the storm did not arrive until 6pm so a good deal of sunshine and top temps on the wall of 96, so scorching :)
More forecast for tomorrow, so happy days :)

Many thanks for reading and we will see you tomorrow.

app 17 Aug 18 12:05 AM

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 17 Aug 18 12:05 AM.

OB1LukeLucas 17 Aug 18 09:00 AM

The Fisherman’s Village looks lovely in the photos.

mick 17 Aug 18 09:37 AM

Another good day:spin:

Joan :wave:

Mortimer Mouse 18 Aug 18 09:17 AM

Looks like a lovely place and great food in Harrys.

Jake71 20 Aug 18 09:33 PM

Such a lovely day.