theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Trip Reports (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   And we're back again... this time without the watchful eyes of the parents! Pre-Trip April/ May 2018 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1070850)

tka 20 Mar 18 04:46 PM

And we're back again... this time without the watchful eyes of the parents! Pre-Trip April/ May 2018

This is my first ever trip report, but seeing all the amazing reports here got me wanting to do my own!

History

This is my 5th time to Orlando. My husband's 2nd! Our first trip together was April 2016 for a week. We were there with my parents as part of my dad's 60th birthday celebrations, and spent the second week on-board a cruise ship sailing the Caribbean! Bliss! we were home for 6 months before we re-booked to come back in April/ May 2018! So... lets begin with the introductions...

Me (Tamara), 29

I work as a Pharmacy Administrator and I am constantly thinking about Florida, on the DIBB, making itineraries, forcing my hubby to agree to customised Disney t-shirts (wait till you see the trip report for THAT photo), and just talking about holidays 24/7 until hubby agrees to silence me by booking one hehe! My favourite parks are Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens! I LOVE The Hulk & Montu, so I am excited to get back on these rides! Hulk was closed when we went in April 2016, so I haven't been on since 2001, so needless to say, this is what I'm most excited about!

Husband, (Dave), 32 (Shhh)

Hubby is a Webmaster. After 5 years together, you'd think I know what that entails, but I don't. When people ask, I say IT stuff, but I'm not even close! He works with computers, loves computers, LOVES his GoPro and photo/ video editing more than me (probably), but not as much as the cat!
His aim for the trip is to actually ride Falcons Fury... not just sit on it, get strapped up then decide he can't go through with it!

The Flight

We are flying with Virgin Atlantic from Glasgow International Airport into Orlando direct on Friday 27th April.

Hotels

We are staying in 2 hotels during our trip.

First hotel is the Holiday Inn at Glasgow airport the night before. This allows us time to chill out and not experience the rush that we normally do. The hotel is literally a hop, skip and a jump from the main terminal.

When we arrive in Orlando, we will be staying at the Rosen @ Pointe Orlando. We are staying here for 14 nights. We have never stayed here before, but we have heard so many good things about it. It is also in the heart of International Drive which we love! We stayed at the Avanti on our last trip and we really liked the location, so booked at the hotel next door!

We will be getting about in a hire car. Dave will be doing all the driving, as he has stated he is a bad enough passenger in my car in the UK, so FORGET driving in the States... that's me told then! :d:

Trip Plans/ Reservations

We have a good itinerary planned at present, but that may go to pot as I have given Dave strict instructions that if at any day we can get Fast Pass for Flight of Passage, that is the day we go to AK. My words were "Forget the itinerary, I can change that, just get FP for FOP" :pgig: We have our 14 day tickets which we got from Attraction Tickets Direct and we included Discovery Cove dolphin swim which I have never done before, so I can't wait for this! We have booked our day, so really looking forward to spending the day there!

I'm hoping to produce a detailed trip report on our return to the UK, so in the mean time, thank you so much for reading my first trip report :wave:

billabonggreg 21 Mar 18 02:34 PM

Not long for you now. Congrats on writing your first trip report.

We stayed at Rosen Pointe Inn back in 2012 and loved it then. As you say, it's in such a great spot on i-drive.

Hope you have a brill time 😆

JanetteP 21 Mar 18 03:18 PM

That's a great first pre-trippy, looking forward to reading more. My brother and his family will only stay at Rosen @ Pointe, they love it there. Have a great time - we fly out the following week.:wavey:

tka 21 Mar 18 03:24 PM

Thank you :) I'm glad you liked my pre trippie :) Also good to know that the Rosen comes highly recommended!

debojahh 21 Mar 18 06:43 PM

We love the Rosen so if you have any questions let me know!

Sounds like a great trip. :thumbs-up

Pussycat Doll 21 Mar 18 08:09 PM

We'll be there at the same time, looking forward to reading along.

candycat75 21 Mar 18 08:27 PM

Nice start to your trip report!

Mad Hatters 21 Mar 18 10:10 PM

Looking forward to reading your report.

Plans so far sounding great to me, we love the pointe Orlando area of I drive too.

Tink 45 21 Mar 18 10:50 PM

Not too long to wait now!
Looking forward to your trip report, loved the pre trip Pie!
Have an amazing time xx :)

Col&Ali 22 Mar 18 07:44 AM

We will be in the Plaza down the road so may well see you in Millers one night ;)

Have a fab holiday!