theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Trip Planning (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Croatia - accommodation so expensive! (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1111338)

orlandobound 5 Jan 19 02:43 AM

Croatia - accommodation so expensive!

Looking at going to Croatia in August Or late June - flights are very reasonable but accommodation is so expensive! Nearly 4k Euro for a mobile home for 2 weeks. I dont think so! We might be going to Florida after all 😉

Guest 5 Jan 19 08:01 AM

We have just booked a week in April and there were loads of very affordable accommodation options. (By very affordable I mean a fraction of the level of cost you have mentined). Just looked for June and it is not that different.

So maybe try something else, unless, you don't really want to go. ;)

katiebaz 5 Jan 19 09:12 AM

We went last August and stayed in a beautiful 4 star hotel for two weeks in Omis near Split. With flights for 3 of us it was far less than that, about £3k.

colin39 5 Jan 19 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orlandobound (Post 13628848)
Looking at going to Croatia in August Or late June - flights are very reasonable but accommodation is so expensive! Nearly 4k Euro for a mobile home for 2 weeks. I dont think so! We might be going to Florida after all 😉

We find the same with turkey, its ok if you want a package hol in a hotel, but we like our own space.

soooexcited! 5 Jan 19 09:32 AM

Late June you could get something much cheaper than that if you checked out places like booking.com.

DisneyDaffodil 5 Jan 19 09:39 AM

We have booked a 2 bedroomed Airbnb apartment just 3 minutes walk from the beach in Split for around £600 for 3 of us for a week in June. It looks gorgeous and has very good reviews, maybe that would be an option?

We then added cheap Jet2 flights from Birmingham, worked out very reasonable. We fly out 16 June but the week later was around the same price

Guest 5 Jan 19 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colin39 (Post 13628919)
We find the same with turkey, its ok if you want a package hol in a hotel, but we like our own space.

A hotel is not a package holiday? :confused2

orlandobound 5 Jan 19 10:25 AM

Thanks all. I have been looking at campsites as I thought that would be cheaper and we like the facilities on offer. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teen boys 13 and 14 so we definitely need 2 bedrooms and the boys won't share a bed so the second bedroom has to have twin beds. I had a look at Booking.com but don't know what areas to focus on. We could fly into Pula, Split or Dubrovnik. The boys love the sea and water sports and DH hates lying by the pool so we need lots of activities nearby. We would hire a car. I usually love searching for accommodation but I'm finding it difficult this time. My first ever holiday was to Porec many years ago and I thought Croatia was gorgeous but I've never been back - I would love to return this summer.

DisneyDaffodil 5 Jan 19 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orlandobound (Post 13629011)
Thanks all. I have been looking at campsites as I thought that would be cheaper and we like the facilities on offer. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teen boys 13 and 14 so we definitely need 2 bedrooms and the boys won't share a bed so the second bedroom has to have twin beds. I had a look at Booking.com but don't know what areas to focus on. We could fly into Pula, Split or Dubrovnik. The boys love the sea and water sports and DH hates lying by the pool so we need lots of activities nearby. We would hire a car. I usually love searching for accommodation but I'm finding it difficult this time. My first ever holiday was to Porec many years ago and I thought Croatia was gorgeous but I've never been back - I would love to return this summer.

Definitely worth looking at an Airbnb or villa then. Much easier to get 2 bedrooms that way. We choose Split as it seems to have plenty of places to visit nearby as well as in Split itself. We won’t hire a car as the bus and ferry transport seems excellent there and very cheap but hiring a car would give you even more freedom. It’s worth looking into whether you need the extra cost of the car though as public transport may save you money

orlandobound 5 Jan 19 12:08 PM

Thanks. I need to find out how much car hire would be. We were in a campsite at Lake Garda last summer and did not hire a car - we really missed it, even though public transport was good. We would have explored so much more with a car so if it is any way reasonable we will hire one. Ive never used AirBnb- bit nervous of it!