theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Disney's Location for New Themed Hotel (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1082881)

Stu 31 May 18 08:16 AM

Disney's Location for New Themed Hotel

2 Attachment(s)
inline imageDisney has shared the location for a New themed Hotel on the south side of Disney Hollywood Studios.

The New Star Wars themed hotel will be built just south of the theme park at the the intersection of Osceola Parkway and World Drive. Building the new hotel here will give direct access to the new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, the Star Wars expansion currently being built at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/att...1&d=1527750830
images © Google.com

Sweets 31 May 18 08:39 AM

My husband will want to stay here every year 😂

Bee happy 31 May 18 08:49 AM

Looks amazing but would need to win the lottery to ever stay there at $900-1000 pp for 2 nights we are a family of 5
😓

THOscar 31 May 18 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee happy (Post 13282445)
Looks amazing but would need to win the lottery to ever stay there at $900-1000 pp for 2 nights we are a family of 5
😓

The hotel isn't intended to be a 2 week stay kind of place. It sounds like it's essentially a 2 day role play session where what you're paying for is to be a fully immersed in star wars. Expensive but I for one will happily pay it if it means I'm in SW for a couple of days!

Shani 31 May 18 09:58 AM

Looks amazing!

The whole experience has the feel of something similar to the beginnings of Westworld!

Bee happy 31 May 18 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THOscar (Post 13282485)
The hotel isn't intended to be a 2 week stay kind of place. It sounds like it's essentially a 2 day role play session where what you're paying for is to be a fully immersed in star wars. Expensive but I for one will happily pay it if it means I'm in SW for a couple of days!

I wouldn't want to stay there for 2 weeks. My Husband and boys are huge Star Wars fans but there is no way we would pay around $5k for 2 nights. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for those who don't mind paying those prices.

Dandyhighwayman 31 May 18 05:24 PM

Disney have done their market research on this. There will be NO shortage of takers for staying here, even at those prices. I can see this enhanced immersive extension of the parks becoming more prevalent. A TRON hotel on the edge of tomorrowland? A hotel based on the Adventurers Club (may it rest in peace) that you can only get to from a hidden stop on the jungle cruise? Hammocks in a tree behind Pandora? All of these are real options if this pays off.

Sweetums 31 May 18 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee happy (Post 13282574)
I wouldn't want to stay there for 2 weeks. My Husband and boys are huge Star Wars fans but there is no way we would pay around $5k for 2 nights. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience for those who don't mind paying those prices.

You are forgetting there are some who wouldn't skip a beat paying this; and probably already do. Contemporary Resort club level etc. I for one am happy to go, but I'm going to miss my family those 2 days.

I am assuming access to Galaxy's edge means there will be a gated entry to prevent guests visiting the rest of Hollywood Studios, or will it include the rest of Hollywood Studios?

And how much extra is a Death Star view room?

JudyC 31 May 18 05:59 PM

Would be good to visit for a look round, hopefully there will be some good restaurants there.

bex85chelt 1 Jun 18 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyC (Post 13283398)
Would be good to visit for a look round, hopefully there will be some good restaurants there.

I wonder how this will work if the hotel is 'fully immersive'? they won't want to be giving that experience away for free when theres such a premium on staying theres . . .