theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy Debuts at Disney's Hollywood Studios (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1121637)

Stu 29 Mar 19 03:48 PM

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy Debuts at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy debuts Sunday, 31 March at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort. This new show experience invites guests into the world of Pixar Animation Studios' Cars films as they become rookie racers and learn the rules of the road from Piston Cup Champion Lightning McQueen.

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy is located next to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. When guests cruise inside, they will come face to face with Lightning, who appears live on stage. The theater features a 17-foot-tall wraparound screen that stretches more than 200 feet end to end, enveloping guests in high-octane fun.

During the 10-minute show, Lightning shares racing knowledge gathered over the course of his illustrious career. And if there’s one thing he’s learned over the years … things don’t always go the way they’re supposed to. But with the help of Mater, Cruz Ramirez and other friends from Radiator Springs, Lightning is bound to get back on track. Sometimes you just have to turn right to go left!

Disney Parks Live Entertainment worked closely with the creative team at Pixar to bring this completely new Cars story to life. Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy will run continuously throughout the day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

And when the race is over, guests can continue to immerse themselves in the world of Cars in the courtyard outside Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy, where they can meet Cruz and snap a photo with the champion racer, or dance with DJ, the ultimate party on wheels. DJ made his way east across Route 66 and will now bring his own music mix to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In addition, several times daily Lightning McQueen’s Pit Crew will arrive on the scene for "DJ's Ready! Set! Party Time!" that invites guests to gather around DJ for Cars-inspired dances and games.

©Disney

3disneykids 30 Mar 19 12:53 PM

Great I am so pleased that it will be started before the end of our trip my DS will be delighted. Thanks for the update :)

jakki 31 Mar 19 03:14 PM

Any idea on when fast passes will become available?

BevS97 31 Mar 19 03:55 PM

Is this in the beauty and the beast theatre?

SMAX 31 Mar 19 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS97 (Post 13759185)
Is this in the beauty and the beast theatre?

It is in the Sunset Showcase theatre. Walk past the FP+ entrance to RnR and it is there.

BevS97 31 Mar 19 04:02 PM

I didn’t even realise there was another building down there.

SMAX 31 Mar 19 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS97 (Post 13759196)
I didn’t even realise there was another building down there.

Top left building in this image...

It used to house "Club Disney" but was rarely used.

3disneykids 1 Apr 19 02:05 AM

This experience was great we really enjoyed it. It is talking lightening Mcqueen and him doing a driving simulator. It is really hard to describe but it has been well thought out and was great :)

Gryff 1 Apr 19 02:17 AM

Oh we can't wait our petrol,head of a grandson just wants to see lightning in June he's got Uncle Josh certificate asthe driver at lights Motor Action on his bedroom walll
They did give out certicates and photos till they got so penny pinching
And just a badge

Bellasmummy 1 Apr 19 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SMAX (Post 13759219)
Top left building in this image...

It used to house "Club Disney" but was rarely used.

I know this building well, queued for 5 hours 😱 to meet Cruella on PhotoPass day in 2017.

This is a big building!

When I joined the queue the cast member told me it was 2 hours and only 1 person needed to queue. Little did I know the outside line would then continue throughout the whole building and that I’d be there 5 hours! I must be mad.

Looking forward to trying this new experience and hopefully being in and out quickly 😂