theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Accommodation (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Clearwater Gulf View hotel (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1179369)

bronny 30 Aug 20 04:25 PM

Clearwater Gulf View hotel

So we will be doing 3 days in Clearwater at the start of our next holiday. Looking for recommendations for a family friendly hotel with a view of the gulf. Have looked at Opal Sands but heard it was a bit stuffy, Hampton Inn and Suites looks nice but at the quieter end of the beach. Would also consider St Petes if there is plenty to do there? We will have a car so don’t mind travelling to Clearwater in the day but does St Petes have a good selection of restaurants for evening meals?

gjdjud 30 Aug 20 06:30 PM

We stayed at the Sandpearl. It’s right on the beach. We loved it. Pics in my 2019 trip report in my signature below. We are going to stay a couple of nights next time.

bronny 30 Aug 20 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjdjud (Post 14630552)
We stayed at the Sandpearl. It’s right on the beach. We loved it. Pics in my 2019 trip report in my signature below. We are going to stay a couple of nights next time.

Thank you. Have had a read - sandpearl was on my radar and your trip report looks lovely.

sophiepop 30 Aug 20 08:43 PM

We have stayed at the Hyatt in a gulf front suite but we booked the Sandpearl for this year. We should be on the plane this Thursday :cry:

sophiepop 31 Aug 20 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronny (Post 14630695)
Thank you. Have had a read - sandpearl was on my radar and your trip report looks lovely.

Have you decided yet? We are on the search too. The Hyatt is coming in too expensive this time. We have always stayed in a suite and they are wanting over £2k for 2 nights which is crazy :omg:

bronny 31 Aug 20 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiepop (Post 14631564)
Have you decided yet? We are on the search too. The Hyatt is coming in too expensive this time. We have always stayed in a suite and they are wanting over £2k for 2 nights which is crazy :omg:

No. Narrowed it down to Sandpearl or Opal Sands but we need a gulf facing room (well I want one) so I think it will come down to price.

Didgey 31 Aug 20 07:34 PM

Have you looked at the hilton?

bronny 31 Aug 20 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didgey (Post 14631636)
Have you looked at the hilton?

Yes and the Hampton. The Hampton looks good value ( free breakfast included) but I would like a bit of luxury for a few nights.

magickate 31 Aug 20 08:45 PM

We stayed at the Hilton and although the location was fantastic I don't feel I can recommend it. The beach was beautiful and the pool lovely but the room wasnt up to standard.

sophiepop 31 Aug 20 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronny (Post 14631590)
No. Narrowed it down to Sandpearl or Opal Sands but we need a gulf facing room (well I want one) so I think it will come down to price.

We love a gulf view too. The rooms just aren't falling right for us at the moment though.

We need a suite with twin beds for me and Soph, my Husband sleeps in the lounge on the sofa as he is awake a long time before us and he likes to sit on the balcony with a coffee. Most suites are kings and my daughter kicks so I'm not sharing with her :D

We have stayed in 2 bed suites at the Hyatt before but the prices have gone mad!