theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   How have people returned tickets securely? (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180159)

anneeb 14 Sep 20 03:45 PM

How have people returned tickets securely?
 
I am about to return our theme park tickets to Orlando Attraction Tickets. They have said to return secure recorded delivery. I went to the post office, who told me that they would only be covered up to £500,but could do special delivery, but that would only cover up to £2,500. The tickets total a lot more than that. What have other people done? I have contacted Orlando Attraction Tickets to see if I need to return as two lots, or if it's okay to send as one.

dadio 14 Sep 20 05:47 PM

I did special delivery last week insured for £1600 cost me £10.50
Got confirmation that they recieved them couple days later

Princesses 3 14 Sep 20 05:49 PM

I returned them without the insurance. Fortunately they got there no problem but I wouldn’t recommend it as I was sweating!

anneeb 14 Sep 20 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 (Post 14646220)
I returned them without the insurance. Fortunately they got there no problem but I wouldn’t recommend it as I was sweating!

I bet that was the longest few days ever :omg:

anneeb 14 Sep 20 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadio (Post 14646217)
I did special delivery last week insured for £1600 cost me £10.50
Got confirmation that they recieved them couple days later

Thanks for this, I'm going to send them back by special delivery, I'll have to split them so that they are all covered. I emailed OAT and they have said that as long as I put booking reference with both then that will be okay.

rudie111 15 Sep 20 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anneeb (Post 14646322)
Thanks for this, I'm going to send them back by special delivery, I'll have to split them so that they are all covered. I emailed OAT and they have said that as long as I put booking reference with both then that will be okay.

I was just about suggest splitting them. Ours were £1800. Special delivery could cover this amount but I didn't know there was a cap

anneeb 15 Sep 20 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudie111 (Post 14646787)
I was just about suggest splitting them. Ours were £1800. Special delivery could cover this amount but I didn't know there was a cap

To be honest, I wouldn't have known but for the woman behind the counter, I would have ended up just sending it as one package.

rudie111 15 Sep 20 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anneeb (Post 14646864)
To be honest, I wouldn't have known but for the woman behind the counter, I would have ended up just sending it as one package.

We have only just received our money back. Floridatix were quoting refund within 60 days (this is from their email confirmation and not from receipt of tickets). Money was in my account almost to the day.

I had toyed with the idea of going next year with extended tickets but as it would be our first time I want to wait to get the full experience (whenever that will be)

anneeb 15 Sep 20 12:54 PM

Thanks for advice, I've just returned them using Special Delivery. I split them into 2 packages so each is covered for £2,500.

anneeb 17 Sep 20 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anneeb (Post 14647004)
Thanks for advice, I've just returned them using Special Delivery. I split them into 2 packages so each is covered for £2,500.

I'm happy to say that both packages were received and signed for. What a relief, I hardly slept on Tuesday night.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.