theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Trip Planning Florida (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Booking USA for 2021 (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1180394)

mike4scuba 18 Sep 20 06:08 PM

Booking USA for 2021

Are you better waiting to book flights and accom to USA for 2021 after they have lifted the ban to make sure your holiday insurance is valid and make sure it covers you for covid

KarenG 18 Sep 20 06:11 PM

My holiday insurance would be valid now. But I think it is a very personal decision in terms of comfort levels for booking. Personally I’m not hurrying to book though I would LOVE to.

Donaldfan 18 Sep 20 06:30 PM

It's a personal decision. Some of us are already booking for next year and some aren't. We all have to do what we feel comfortable doing.

Ciano 18 Sep 20 06:31 PM

I would love to aswell but as we fly with Aer Lingus it is not possible to book a flight that we could cancel if we wanted to. I like to choose a villa so booking a package is not an option. We are saving for it though so hope to have our shorted countdown ever in 2021!

jenn8400 18 Sep 20 06:38 PM

I have no idea what to do I have my park tickets, accommodation and flights all paid for needing to be rescheduled and I have no clue when to change to! I know it’s complete first world problems but I just want to get sorted and stop stressing about it.

Donaldfan 18 Sep 20 06:45 PM

I should be there now and have rescheduled to this time next year.

nails 18 Sep 20 08:18 PM

Snap. Same as Donaldfan.

cornishfrogboy 18 Sep 20 08:28 PM

It’s a very personal decision.

I have booked and paid for Heathrow Hotel and Carparking with free cancellation.

I have booked my flights for next year with BA LHR-SFO and LAS-LHR 19 Aug to Sept 03. The rescheduling terms are fine in the event that I am prevented from going.

I have booked 7 of the 9 hotels in the USA, having paid them all up front and with free cancellation and full refund up to two days befor occupancy.

I have booked my car on similar terms.

I still have all my spending money in Dollars from the previous Covid cancellations.

I will wait on the various attraction tickets.

I have paid up front as I remain concerned about exchange rates, given the economic mess of Covid and also the possible impact of Brexit.

I have taken the plunge very, very early as, in the event of restrictions being listed, their are 10s of thousands with credit notes and also hundreds of thousands holding their vacation money into 2021 and thus flush There are also many airlines and travel companies desperate for high prices in order to both negate the value of the credit notes and also well aware that many people who are desperate to get away will be unusually solvent.

I have also ensured that I can bail out at no cost if this debacle continues another full year.

Squidgyness 18 Sep 20 08:28 PM

I'm not booking any more trips a year or more out. My September 2020 trip which should have ended tomorrow ended up being cancelled twice. First due to thomas cook and then due to covid.

Its been hard frankly. I rely on my holidays to keep me going. From now on I'm going to book well under a year out if I can to keep the stress levels down.

Wishuponastar 18 Sep 20 08:37 PM

I’ve booked a fly drive with a deposit and a deposit for WDW. All on credit cards. If I can’t go rather than cancel I’ll move the holiday rather than cancel. I think with a deposit I have till the end of March to make a decision then go from there.