theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   Photo, Video & Vlogs (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   FAQ: How to add photos to your DIBB postings (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=162137)

Andre 4 Aug 07 12:09 AM

FAQ: How to add photos to your DIBB postings

There are two basic methods for doing this, depending on whether you are a DIBB Passholder (i.e. subscriber) or not. Passholders get their own space within the DIBB's own Photo Gallery, whereas non-passholders will need to upload their pictures to some sort of online photo storage website first and then place a "link" to them in their postings. It's actually very easy once you get used to it.

Note: new users need to have made a certain number of postings and be a member for a short period of time before they are allowed to use links within their messages.

passholders: Posting your photos using DIBB Gallery

1. Goto the gallery and click "Upload Photos"
2. You can upload upto 10 pictures at a tiime.
3. Once uploaded, you can change the titles and category for the images
4. when you view a picture the link code is displayed for that picture.
5. Copy the link code into your post and you are done.

Non-passholders: Posting your photos using PhotoBucket

1. Create an Account

Before you start you'll need to create yourself a personal account on PhotoBucket, at www.photobucket.com. You only need to do it once and it's free and really easy. Just click on the Join Now tab and follow the instructions to enter your name, email address and decide on a password.

In your "Account Options" page you may want to set your Album to be Public rather than Private (assuming you want other people to be able to browse through your pictures too). Also check that the Display IMG box is ticked, but otherwise the rest of the personal settings are up to you. You can create your own album names and even subalbums for keeping your photos organised if you want, or simply upload straight away.

2. Upload your photo(s)

Uploading photos is easy too. Once you're logged in to your PhotoBucket account, click on one of the Browse buttons and locate your picture file on your own PC - it's probably in your "My Pictures" folder.

If you want to get PhotoBucket to resize your photos for you automatically, just click on the small options link above the Browse buttons and choose a size - 640x480 is their recommended size for message boards.

When you're ready (you can choose several photos if you want) click on Upload and your picture will be sent to your PhotoBucket album (resized if you requested) and displayed as a small "thumbnail" image for you. You will now be able to use that picture anywhere on the web.

3. Insert your photo(s) into your DIBB posting

When you are ready to insert a photo into a DIBB posting, log back in to your PhotoBucket album and underneath each photograph you'll see a small link labeled IMG Code. Click once on that link and all the necessary technical stuff you need will be automatically copied to your PC's clipboard.

When you have composed your DIBB message, all you need to do is Paste that stuff directly into the place in your text where you want your photo to appear - you can do this via your browser's menu, or simply use the normal Windows shortcut - Control+V.

Note: you can click on Preview Post to check to see that it's worked before you submit the message.

4. Don't delete or Move the photo from PhotoBucket!

One final thing to remember - don't delete or move any photos that you have used in messages from your PhotoBucket album. The DIBB needs to retrieve the picture again each time someone new looks at your message.

Hope this info helps,

Andre

[Note:This is a work-in-progress, I'll update it with more info at some point, and some tips for passholders too]

Curioussilva 10 Mar 08 05:47 PM

it did help thanks how about persona avaitars?

Andre 10 Mar 08 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silva (Post 2089152)
it did help thanks how about persona avaitars?

I think you need to be a DIBB Annual Passholder (i.e. subscriber) in order to create a custom avatar.

Andre

Guest 25 Apr 08 09:57 PM

How do you get to be a Dibb annual pass holder ?

Andre 26 Apr 08 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex uk (Post 2215561)
How do you get to be a Dibb annual pass holder ?

Just click HERE

Andre

taffs travels 20 Jul 08 04:44 PM

photo test

1 Attachment(s)
hi just testing a photo, hope it works

Andre 20 Jul 08 08:39 PM

That's an attached photo rather than one embedded in the message body, but it worked.

Andre

Guest 20 Jul 08 11:23 PM

just testing
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o...o/100_1345.jpg

Guest 20 Jul 08 11:25 PM

Yes I did it! Had to use photobucket though not sure yet how to use the gallery.:grin::grin:

Elderbly 4 Aug 08 09:07 PM

just testing
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/photopost/d...ood_Market.jpg