theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Our village is flooding (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1152046)

Mexy02 7 Nov 19 04:09 PM

Our village is flooding

Ds just rang to say the houses in the village are under water .we are on a slight hill and about 1/4 mile away so we escape it but many will be facing the same senario that happened in 2007 . Very sad for them :(

Colette-S 7 Nov 19 04:10 PM

Oh no that’s terrible Sam. I hope everyone is safe xx

Megandllsmum 7 Nov 19 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 14163195)
Ds just rang to say the houses in the village are under water .we are on a slight hill and about 1/4 mile away so we escape it but many will be facing the same senario that happened in 2007 . Very sad for them :(

Sam it’s shocking , enjoy the weather where you are, if you can access it look on star website and Brinsworth community Facebook page, shocking here, my OH works other side of Meadowhall and they are putting flood procedures in place as Don is starting to burst its bank... but the Meadowhall switch on concert is still going on :mad2:, you know how bad we had it in 2007 when we were at catcliffe at least since moving we are on top of a hill, there’s an awful lot of sirens going off nearby, one lane was flooded at junction 34 of M1 earlier but they hadn’t marked it overhead so cars were still ploughing through :erm:

EssexSue 7 Nov 19 04:19 PM

Oh no, hope everyone safe

Mexy02 7 Nov 19 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum (Post 14163207)
Sam it’s shocking , enjoy the weather where you are, if you can access it look on star website and Brinsworth community Facebook page, shocking here, my OH works other side of Meadowhall and they are putting flood procedures in place as Don is starting to burst its bank... but the Meadowhall switch on concert is still going on :mad2:, you know how bad we had it in 2007 when we were at catcliffe at least since moving we are on top of a hill, there’s an awful lot of sirens going off nearby, one lane was flooded at junction 34 of M1 earlier but they hadn’t marked it overhead so cars were still ploughing through :erm:

It’s terrible , and they want to put 400 houses on it . The flood defences In the village have failed although they are assured never again . The village is now shut . Just seen Meadowhall , sad day :(

olgaandcoda 7 Nov 19 04:39 PM

Keep safe everyone, flooding causes so much long term damage.

Megandllsmum 7 Nov 19 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 14163225)
It’s terrible , and they want to put 400 houses on it . The flood defences In the village have failed although they are assured never again . The village is now shut . Just seen Meadowhall , sad day :(

Meadowhall some shops are sending staff home, the environment have a severe flood warning in place for meadowhall and carbrook yet they still haven't cancelled the concert... Surely people won't go anyway but if they don't cancel I suppose they don't have to refund? Whiston village looks a right mess feel so sorry for those families in the houses. Loads of places in Sheffield really bad too and Chesterfield, anyway have you got sunshine... Bottle a bit up for me and bring it back with ya xx

BarryandCaron 7 Nov 19 04:56 PM

The roads are flooded from the fields near us.

Labboy 7 Nov 19 05:06 PM

Horrific Mexy, poor people, rain go away .

jndt 7 Nov 19 05:07 PM

That's awful. Happened to my sisters' in laws - the damage was beyond what I would have imagined.