theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   It's the scam phone call season again (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1160287)

DISNEYLIZ 6 Feb 20 01:46 PM

It's the scam phone call season again

So far today, I have had Amazom Prime renewal team - don't have prime. 10 minutes later, I had mastercard ringing - don't have that either. Phone is now ringing again.

It seems to happen every 2 months then I get them for a week, then they stop again.

Gryff 6 Feb 20 01:49 PM

Yes had the amazon prime one 5 times in two days

Sandra & co 6 Feb 20 01:58 PM

I’ve got amazon prime and they’ve never called me!

Johnnyp 6 Feb 20 02:05 PM

If you have a iPhone on iOS 13, in settings, if you scroll down to phone, you have the option to silence unknown numbers.

So anyone not in your contact list goes straight to voicemail

EssexSue 6 Feb 20 02:08 PM

I've had Amazon Prime one too. Apparently I owe them £99.99p. It was a recording so they didn't get to hear my response!

Frankie & gang 6 Feb 20 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnyp (Post 14275597)
If you have a iPhone on iOS 13, in settings, if you scroll down to phone, you have the option to silence unknown numbers.

So anyone not in your contact list goes straight to voicemail

Thanks Johnny, I didn’t know that & have just set it up

wanye 6 Feb 20 02:28 PM

dont tend to get scam calls as i dont have a landline, and the only unsolicited calls to my mobile tend to be robodialled PPI stuff

what are they saying about amazon prime? (mine is due for renewal in 2 months unless i get any more slow deliveries to complain and get another free month)

WhereIBelong 6 Feb 20 03:01 PM

I had a scummy scam call to renew my Amazon Prime last week - from an automated voice call - ermmm... no...

Also another automated voice call telling me there had been a suspicious withdrawal of £600 on my "bank account credit card" ... ermmmm... no...

My MIL got so het up about the £600 one that she also got that she went straight to see the bank about it. 82 year old with mobility issues so worried sick that someone had taken all the money from her account, that she forced herself to go see the bank about a bloomin scammer. Luckily she is in a village that still has an actual bank.

They annoy people like me - used to life in the modern digital era, switched on enough to know instantly that it is a scam. But they endanger people like MIL, how DARE they frighten an old lady half to death.

linder 6 Feb 20 03:10 PM

I've just had the amazon one and also the one about errors with my internet and it needs to be closed, please press 1 now I don't think so

EssexSue 6 Feb 20 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong (Post 14275657)
I had a scummy scam call to renew my Amazon Prime last week - from an automated voice call - ermmm... no...

Also another automated voice call telling me there had been a suspicious withdrawal of £600 on my "bank account credit card" ... ermmmm... no...

My MIL got so het up about the £600 one that she also got that she went straight to see the bank about it. 82 year old with mobility issues so worried sick that someone had taken all the money from her account, that she forced herself to go see the bank about a bloomin scammer. Luckily she is in a village that still has an actual bank.

They annoy people like me - used to life in the modern digital era, switched on enough to know instantly that it is a scam. But they endanger people like MIL, how DARE they frighten an old lady half to death.

That's horrendous. ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈s!