theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Virgin boost miles & bonus miles (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1133475)

Mymemories 17 Jun 19 08:40 PM

Virgin boost miles & bonus miles

For anyone with future Virgin flights booked Virgin are currently running a promotion on their miles boosting scheme.

Between now and July 14th you can boost up to 3x your base mileage and there is also up to 40% bonus miles available.

sophiepop 17 Jun 19 08:42 PM

I am new to virgin. Can you explain a bit more for me?

Mymemories 17 Jun 19 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiepop (Post 13907536)
I am new to virgin. Can you explain a bit more for me?

If you have already got a Virgin flight booked and you are a member of the Virgin frequent flyer club then you can pay to boost the miles that you can get for your flight.

This is a very quick and efficient way to collect miles for your next flight. eg LGW - MCO can currently be boosted up to 3x and then you’d get a 40% bonus so 18;232 miles would cost £130.23

Floridatilly 17 Jun 19 09:43 PM

This kind of thing goes right over my head!
We will be booking for 2020 but the flights won’t be out until September (our return flight is August) so I take it this deal is no good to us?
Thanks

lizzie145 17 Jun 19 10:35 PM

Fab, I've been hoping this would happen as have flights booked for September

Mr Tom Morrow 18 Jun 19 06:57 AM

OP. Good post, I will do some of mine later.

Actually this is a better deal than the normal boost they do. I have checked back on my old E Mails and normally I get 17364 + 5209 for £173.64

Thus instead of the normal 0.00769 per Mile it's now 0.00714 per Mile

happytraveller 18 Jun 19 07:37 AM

I expect I can’t but can I boost the miles for a flight we had in February :blush: Thanks :)

Cabbie 18 Jun 19 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happytraveller (Post 13907942)
I expect I can’t but can I boost the miles for a flight we had in February :blush: Thanks :)

Retroactive purchases may also be made up to the date falling six months after the original date of the first sector of the flight in the itinerary. Retrospective purchases can only be made via the Virgin Atlantic Airways Limited Customer Service Centre.

-Steve

Mexy02 18 Jun 19 08:07 AM

Do you have to ring flying club as I can only see purchase miles plus bonus on my flying club page , nothing about boosting a booked flight ?

Cabbie 18 Jun 19 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mexy02 (Post 13907986)
Do you have to ring flying club as I can only see purchase miles plus bonus on my flying club page , nothing about boosting a booked flight ?

If it's a flight you have already taken then you have to call FC. If it's a future booking then log into your FC account, click "my flights", click "manage this booking" and the miles booster should be a third of way down the page underneath your flight dates/times.

-Steve