theDIBB

theDIBB (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   American’s think I look very young (https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1140882)

MFras23 11 Aug 19 12:18 AM

American’s think I look very young

So ... call me insecure and unappreciative. But I have a baby face, always have and probably always will! It’s a family thing. But I’m 29... I always get ID which is fine but a CM said to me yesterday that I looked 15 😱 everyone here seems to think my wife ... who is four years older than me ... is my mum. It’s really made self conscious... although we do always have a good laugh at it! But I hate the way I feel judged and looked down on etc, I’ve even had a CM verify with another CM that my passport was not a fake. Americans look so much older for their age too! It’s always bugged me and I know I will be thankful when I’m older but it’s gotten me a bit down this trip 😔 I know.. I know! First world problems!

LOU LOU DISNEY 11 Aug 19 12:50 AM

They must think I look young too! I git asked twice for ID in Vegas in may when I was there with my 21 year old son! I’m 45😂

Omega1 11 Aug 19 06:05 AM

You won’t be thankful when you’re older - trust me! Enjoy your ‘problem’ whilst you can. 😂😂

Guest 11 Aug 19 07:09 AM

My dh has a baby face until he grew a beard. Now he gets searched every time we go through security 😂

Rac20 11 Aug 19 07:23 AM

I used to look really young for my age and when me and DH owned our first house a lady knocked on the door and asked for my mum.

I’m 41 now and don’t look so young anymore. Enjoy it. It soon passes.

Taffy1959 11 Aug 19 07:24 AM

All 4 of my children look younger than they are my daughter was asked for ID a couple of weeks ago and she's 40
My youngest son who will be 30 in October has grown a beard but still gets asked for ID.

The only place they he doesn't get asked for ID is our local Asda as he used to work there.

JLH 11 Aug 19 07:43 AM

Be thankful - when you had to be 16 to buy cigarettes (I was buying for my mum) I was asked why I wasn’t at school , the shop keeper apologised when I said because I am 28! I would love to still look a lot younger but sadly my face has caught up with my age 😀 my middle son who starts training as a policeman on Monday has the same issue. He’s 21 and when he was helping me taking the groceries in from the delivery man the man said you will miss his help when he has to go back to school 😀 he left school 6 years ago !

Chilli-pepper 11 Aug 19 07:58 AM

My daughter is the same, she is 25 but will often be mistaken for being still at school, maybe because she never wears any make up and is a jeans and jumper gal? she bought a new car a year ago and we had to go with her initially due to the garage thinking she was just 17 and looking at her 'first' car so not taking her seriously on her own (they were fab after that and had a laugh about it with them)

ID'ing in the US is more routinely done than here though so not something I would take personally, I have never been ID'd in the UK but when in the US will get ID'd even though I am in my 50's

Ellelledee 11 Aug 19 08:27 AM

My dh has always looked young for his age - he is 60 next year and he has been ID’d when we have been and we have only been going since he was maybe 45!
My dd is 21 and she doesn’t really drink but the one thing she is looking forward to this year is asking for a alcoholic drink because when we went 2 years ago she was asked if she wanted the kids menu!

cartoonp 11 Aug 19 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFras23 (Post 14008082)
So ... call me insecure and unappreciative. But I have a baby face, always have and probably always will! It’s a family thing. But I’m 29... I always get ID which is fine but a CM said to me yesterday that I looked 15 😱 everyone here seems to think my wife ... who is four years older than me ... is my mum. It’s really made self conscious... although we do always have a good laugh at it! But I hate the way I feel judged and looked down on etc, I’ve even had a CM verify with another CM that my passport was not a fake. Americans look so much older for their age too! It’s always bugged me and I know I will be thankful when I’m older but it’s gotten me a bit down this trip 😔 I know.. I know! First world problems!

Getba t shirt done that says this is not my mum and I am 29 but look younger.